Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Firefox Question

by m1chael / October 22, 2007 4:28 AM PDT

I have Firefox loaded on several of my home pc's. One pc will not load the url from the drop down list (of sites visited before) by clicking on the specific url address such as msn.com, I have to click on the specific url address such as msn.com and then click the Go button. On other pc's I can use the drop down box and click on the selected url such as msn.com and it will start loading the webpage.

Any ideas how I can get this to work on the machine that will not do it now?

Thanks,
Michael

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Firefox Question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Firefox Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Still need assistance
by m1chael / October 30, 2007 11:41 PM PDT
In reply to: Firefox Question

I noticed that it has been quite a few days and no one has read my posts. I know that every post cannot be read and responded to right of way or maybe even at all.

Just curious to see if someone can provide some insight on what I can do to fix this problem even though it may not seem like a big deal it gets to be a pain.

Thanks,
Michael

Collapse -
Actually I did read it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 30, 2007 11:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Still need assistance

But your post was void of details so I just kept going. My only thought given so little to work with is to uninstall Firefox and then delete it's profile. Read http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=DELETING+FIREFOX+BROWSE+PROFILE

Install Firefox and you should see it's default behavior. I bet it's a setting somewhere but I decline to try to break mine to see exactly which one it is.

Bob

Collapse -
I suspect...
by John.Wilkinson / October 31, 2007 12:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Still need assistance

I suspect the file localstore.rdf has become corrupt, which while uncommon is not unheard of. I would recommend closing Firefox, then browsing to your Firefox profile directory and deleting that file. The location varies based on your operating system, but a list can be found in this post. The file will be automatically recreated using the default settings the next time Firefox is launched. It may not be that simple and end up requiring a full repair of Firefox as per those instructions, but with a little luck won't be needed.

John

Collapse -
(NT) Perhaps a setting in about:config...?
by Me, Myself and You / November 10, 2007 9:51 PM PST
In reply to: I suspect...
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.