Question

Firefox loads too long instead of downlaoding a file

Hello all.
previously when i wanted to download a file using Firefox, it was showing a download progress in firefox download manager. but now it loads very long (even hours) and after a long time it show download manager and download finished in seconds.
I am running windows 7 professional
Firefox 15.0.1
RAM: 3GB
Processor: 2.50 GHZ

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Firefox loads too long instead of downlaoding a file
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Firefox loads too long instead of downlaoding a file
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Just last week.,

Another slow download complaint and 2 systems with 2 different issues.

1. The old Teatimer issue. Uninstalled Spybot and it was fixed.
2. The other one was NOT FIXED. It had a nasty rootkit which Grif's advice helped find but they didn't have time to fix it. Grif's advice is at http://forums.cnet.com/7726-6132_102-5098912.html?tag=posts;msg5099421
--> RKILL spotted it in less than a minute.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
RE: download

What does the download manager screen show while it's doing nothing (Tools>Download or ctrl-J)?

Kees

- Collapse -
Nothing is in download manager while page is loading

when i open download manger from firefox >> downloads. there is nothing while page is loading. for example if a download is taking 15 minutes then firefox loads the download page for 15 minutes without doing any thing. it then prompts me for 15 minutes for an action and when i click on save button it saves 15 minutes download in 2 or 3 seconds. means that firefox is downloading files and saving in its cache without asking me.
I am asking how can i change it to show the download progress as it was doing before 15.0.1 update.

Lots of thanks

CNET Forums