Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Firefox browser and

by nondaj / October 29, 2004 3:10 PM PDT

Have tried everything and posted everywhere re this problem. When I use this browser, which I do like because of the security features, now on almost every website I get the message "this doctument has no data" and so I have to start all over again. Many times when I try to post on line will get the message and have to click out of the browser and begin from desktop to access the website again to redo my message. It is getting to be a headache it is so persistent now.

Have tried the following:

checked my ISP and they claim not due to their service p

tried to check with MS but trying to get through to
their tech lines is another whole issue in itself.
Gave up in frustration at the delays, convoluted
menu and continued disconects from the phone line

tried to check with firefox, directed to Bugzilla and gave up in frustration at all I would have to go through to get any info, leave a message

checked with other users of Firefox; they claim have no problems and only difference I can find is they do not have SP2. Whether that is the culprit do not know.

Tried checking on several SP2 sites but could find no info about broswers problems with SP2 - just other horror stories:)

Anyone out there in PC ether having similar problem with this browser?

Using XP Pro SP2
Pentium 4,
CPU Processor 2.53 gigahertz
512 RAM
Outlook Express
IE and Firefox browsers

Grateful for ANY new information anyone might have.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Firefox browser and
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Firefox browser and
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Firefox browser and
by vera kofler / October 29, 2004 8:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Firefox browser and

I am no expert but have you tried whith tools, options,cookies, exeptions, for me it worked, it works the same as when the firewall begins and you have to allow new programms, I have sp2, mozilla was very slow, yeasterday I made a skan and a defrag and it runs fine

Collapse -
by nondaj / October 30, 2004 3:02 AM PDT

Vera K. - sure do appreciate your feedback. Gives me some hope. Would you be so kind as to tell me what window I should be in for tools, options, cookies, exceptions. I could only go as far as tools and options. Found no notation re cookies but did find under web features an exception window. Not clear if this is where I should be to do any posting.

Collapse -
by vera kofler / October 30, 2004 3:16 AM PDT

when you open mozilla firefox there,are tools, go to options,then privacy (i am translating from spanish) there you have cookies hope it helps.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?