Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Firefox 1.0.6

by chrismorley1 / July 22, 2005 6:31 AM PDT

I have been very pleased with the previous releases of Firefox, and welcome the intentions of the new version. However, after downloading it, as soon as I select a site to visit I get an error message relating to a conflict with Roboform, and have to close the browser.
Removing AI Roboform obviously allows me to then use Version 1.0.6, but I miss Roboform!
Is there anyway I can enjoy the advantages of both programmes, rather than having to revert to 1.0.5 or laboriously filling in forms?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Firefox 1.0.6
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Firefox 1.0.6
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This is being covered in the Browsers forum
by bglover51 / July 22, 2005 6:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Firefox 1.0.6

However, Roboform is unnecessary with Firefox's Forms manager. I have it enabled and it does a nice job.

HTH

Collapse -
The release notes for 1.0.6
by roddy32 / July 22, 2005 6:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Firefox 1.0.6

relating to extensions are

Extensions and Themes
When you upgrade to a new version of Firefox all of your Extensions and Themes will be disabled until Firefox determines that either a) they are compatible with the new release or b) there are newer versions available that are compatible. This is because Firefox changes from release to release and as such the ways in which some extensions integrate changes, meaning there can be problems when running an older extension with a newer version of Firefox. If you find that your favorite Extension or Theme has not been updated to be compatible with this release of Firefox, write the author and encourage them to update it.

This automatic updating of Extensions and Themes does not apply to users of Firefox 0.8 or below who upgrade to Firefox 1.0 or a later version. Those Extensions will be disabled when 1.0.6 starts, and users will have to download and install 1.0.6 compatible versions manually.

To prevent the kind of problems we had with the 0.8 release (users were having the browser not start with "No XBL Binding for Browser" errors, and finding that their theme was broken), all of your extensions will be disabled when you move to 1.0 or later version. If you were using 0.9 or 1.0PR, when you first run 1.0.6, Firefox will try and connect to update.mozilla.org to look for newer, compatible versions of your Extensions, and if they are available it will download and install them. If you were using 0.8, you will have to find newer compatible versions yourself.
end quote
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/releases/1.0.6.html

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.