General discussion

fire wall protection

What is a good firewall system thats free and what could everyone recommend?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: fire wall protection
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: fire wall protection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sygate Personal Firewall
- Collapse -
Or
- Collapse -
Zone Alarm

I agree with Mark, I've used it since '01 and the only way anything gets past it is if I let it.

- Collapse -
Sygate 5.5

I use Sygate 5.5 good protection easy to set up and good info on who is trying to scan your ports.
Ray

- Collapse -
ZoneAlarm sufficient

I have been using ZoneAlarm free edition. It rates better than the built in firewall with XP for keeping out scans to your computer. And its free.
Modemmogul

- Collapse -
I use Zone Alarm....

The Free Version, and it works very good for me. Haven't tried any others, but Sygate would be my next choice.
Larry

CNET Forums

Forum Info