Did anything get fried besides the cable? Smoke & electronics is a vary bad thing.
So how did a desent amount of power run through the HDMI cable is the question, bad wiring on the Sony or the PC????
Have you tried the PC HDMI port on someother device before?
Was the Sony plugged in at the time?
I would post your question here...
I bought a 9' Amazon HDMI cable. I plugged it into the Gateway DX4831-01e Desktop tower. I went to plug in the other end into my Sony HT CT 150 and giant sparks, Blue/Orange flame appeared and melted the HDMI cable.
What did I do wrong??????