Samsung forum

Question

Find the Wireless Network Connection window in Win 8.0

by Smarthub1 / March 1, 2014 8:12 PM PST

I have bought a Samsung Smarthub.

It refuses to accept the username& p/w printed on its label as valid.

Went to Samsung manual and it suggested a solution using the wireless connection window. I cant find this and I am going loopy trying. For the record I am on my second hub as I exchanged it for exactly this reason.

I could rant about this but the gadget is so promising I just want it to work. Help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Find the Wireless Network Connection window in Win 8.0
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Find the Wireless Network Connection window in Win 8.0
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Re: Find the Wireless Network Connection window in Win 8.0
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 3, 2014 1:25 AM PST

Hi Smarthub1,

I'm very sorry to hear that has happened. In order for me to help you most accurately, please provide the complete model code for this device.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung Optical smarthub SE208BW
by Smarthub1 / March 4, 2014 3:38 AM PST

When I run the installation disc the PC fails to connect to the Smarthub. There is a record of this problem on a web site see link below.

http://www.tsstodd.com/eng/support/faq/faqOSH.asp?category=6&categorym=1&categorys=1#topview

I cannot find a window which resembles the screen shots at the beginning of the solution suggested.

I am using windows 8.0 on a new acer laptop with core i3 processor 6G ram. Wifi via BT homehub.

I have a NAS and a wifi stereo on the same network.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung Optical smarthub SE208BW
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 6, 2014 12:11 AM PST
Collapse -
iOS/Android

From reading about your problem I can see from the specs, for your device it is made for the ios (Apple) or Android system. And please correct me if I am wrong but that is why a Windows computer can not see it because it is a completely different system.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.