Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Find out who won Miss Arkansas this past October. Amazing

Second Lieutenant Kelly George was selected as Miss Arkansas USA during the state pageant Oct. 28 held on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas. Lieutenant George is a resident of Sherwood, Ark., and is the deputy chief of Public Affairs for the 314th Airlift Wing at Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark. (Courtesy photo/Rhonda Garrett Gilliam)

Link: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/186/missarkansassecondlc189yh5.jpg

Hope you think a woman in the USAF can be smart and beautiful while serving her country!?

-Kevin

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Find out who won Miss Arkansas this past October. Amazing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Find out who won Miss Arkansas this past October. Amazing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) certainly puts GI Jane in 2nd place :-(

In reply to: Find out who won Miss Arkansas this past October. Amazing

Collapse -
Certainly a beautiful "Miss Arkansas" !

In reply to: Find out who won Miss Arkansas this past October. Amazing

Beauty, character and brains!

And I'm not biased by having a beautiful daughter who is an Air Force officer when I say I am not amazed by the choice. Happy

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Certainly is beautiful

In reply to: Certainly a beautiful "Miss Arkansas" !

Angeline, I thought that you would like the post. I found it on a military web site that I had also posted to SE. Check the site out (Any one into Military?) You may find a reference to your daughter there also.
It was my first time at the site and the site is extensive.

The Thunderbird right wing flyer (
Major M.) is also listed on the index and a nice story line that we talked about before.

I would like to email a photo to my son in Brussels. He just might know her. Can you email a photo to me?
Thanks Angie,

-Kevin

Collapse -
Angeline, based on my 20 years' experience,...

In reply to: Certainly a beautiful "Miss Arkansas" !

...the most attractive female officers and NCO's whom I dealt with were also the most doctrinaire in their approach to the military. Might that (sadly) be a comment on lingering sexism in the military? Just a thought...

Collapse -
20 Years of sexism in the military

In reply to: Angeline, based on my 20 years' experience,...

Paul, Not any more. Look around at their talent.
And in the Army?POWER!

-Kevin

Collapse -
Response

In reply to: Angeline, based on my 20 years' experience,...

During my civilian work experiences, I preferred a male superior to a female one in general, with exceptions, of course, as some were outstanding and very capable.

Females, pretty or not, could be more rigid, less open to suggestions, less inflexible, more defensive of their authority, more officious, and more prone to claiming the ideas of others as their own.

In the AF today, there appears to be more recognition of officers who lead and encourage subordinates to contribute ideas, pursue educational opportunities, demonstrate dedication to the mission, and work together as a team to accomplish it. After all, groups that shine reflect upon the officers commanding them. As in civilian sectors, the success of performance begins at the top.

I suspect that the percentage of attractive doctrinaire officers and nco's is no higher in the AF than in civilian life. Perhaps it once was when an attractive female would over compensate by thinking that being inflexible and too rigid was necessary so as not to be considered as just a pretty face.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Response

In reply to: Response

Angeline, You are way too smart.
Way to go!
I am still looking for photos to send to you.

-Kevin

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.