Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Finally locked!! Thank you, Mods:)

by Glenda / January 23, 2006 1:38 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Finally locked!! Thank you, Mods:)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Finally locked!! Thank you, Mods:)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
"Entropy":
by drpruner / January 23, 2006 1:44 AM PST

Any thread here seems eventually to go to lowest [intellectual] heat content (organized thought). Sad

Collapse -
My take on the whole ordeal
by shaner7575 / January 23, 2006 2:53 AM PST

is that some people do not have a sense of humor, or can't remember being a "kid" themselves!
I can remember when my son was acting up in a restaurant; more clowning around than anything else; and we started getting some "stares" from "upright, elderly, citizens". I told him rather loudly, to settle down and "act his age." He immediately responded with, "Grandpa sure don't act his age." With that, some of the "grim stares" turned into vague smiles! Others of course were appalled! I busted out laughing since the "grandpa" he was referring to is known to do some rather "disgusting" but "funny" things in public. And, yes, he does have all his "senses", especially, his sense of humor!
Please CONTINUE to post about your "grand-young-uns"; there's some of us who "love" to hear a "good" story which happens to be FUNNY!

Collapse -
Thank you, Shaner
by Glenda / January 23, 2006 2:58 AM PST

It just ticks me off that some take what WAS a fun moment and trash it:( Michael was our first GGC. we now are up to four:) And another Grandson just got married this January Happy I expect we will soon have 5 GGC's:)
We do have fun with Michael and his sister. Jasmine and the Baby John Guy:) I know if I wasn't GGM I probably wouldn't have found his remark so fuuny, But paybacks are so much fun Devil

Collapse -
Cherish the moments, and please share!
by shaner7575 / January 23, 2006 3:16 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you, Shaner

My son is only 17, so it will be awhile before I get to have great moments with my GC's; and hope to be around for GGC's also; that's why it's so important for you to keep sharing your stories with those of us who appreciate them!
Life is much too short to be sooooo SERIOUS, all the time.
As far as paybacks; I can sure see how much fun my mom, "granny" is having by "paying ME back!" My son gets away with almost, "everything" with her, and you know what?
I LOVE IT!!
As far as "grandpa", on my husband's side, well that's another "TOPIC" in itself. Some of the stories....PRICELESS!

Collapse -
The GGrandchildren
by Glenda / January 23, 2006 3:25 AM PST

that I am waiting for paybacks is the two oldest Grandsons!! LOL They were little terrors when they were together. Apart they were sweethearts, and even now with them both in their 20's we dread when they get together! What one doesn't think of the other will! Grandma is going to be laughing hysterically when their children get old enough to talk:)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?