Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Finally, Kerry Takes a Stand

by Edward ODaniel / September 21, 2004 3:17 AM PDT
OP-ED COLUMNIST
Finally, Kerry Takes a Stand

By DAVID BROOKS

Published: September 21, 2004

Yesterday John Kerry came to New York University and did something amazing. He uttered a series of clear, declarative sentences on the subject of Iraq. Many of these sentences directly contradict his past statements on Iraq, but at least you could figure out what he was trying to say.

Funny thing about this stand though is that there is no substance to it. He still says the "whatever I think you want to hear I am more than willing to say it even if I don't mean it." because it beats admitting to his listeners that he remains "clueless".

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Finally, Kerry Takes a Stand
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Finally, Kerry Takes a Stand
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yesterday
by TONI H / September 21, 2004 4:06 AM PDT

in a taped clip on the news, Kerry stated to his captive audience that 'troop withdrawal should begin to take place six months after he's elected' (my paraphrasing not an actual quote).....today on Regis and Kelly he said 'although Bush went there mistakenly, we're there for the duration to help those people' (again my paraphrasing)....

Good grief.....WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SPEECH WRITERS FOR THIS GUY???????????? And why don't they just make everything easier on everybody by having him wear a freaking placard with duct tape over his mouth?

TONI

Collapse -
Although I didn't listen to his presentation..........
by Del McMullen / September 21, 2004 4:23 AM PDT

....from what I'm understanding from others is that
most of what "he stands for now" is exactly what Dean
stood for earlier, and Kerry denounced at that time.

?????????????????????

Collapse -
Re: Although I didn't listen to his presentation..........
by EdH / September 21, 2004 7:55 AM PDT

Yes, and it was wrong then and it's wrong now.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) One YEAAAAAAWWWWWWHHHH and he's outta there!
by Cindi Haynes / September 21, 2004 9:43 AM PDT
Collapse -
I noticed that Bush had some quotes that condemned
by Kiddpeat / September 21, 2004 5:43 AM PDT

what Kerry was proposing. Who was Bush quoting? Senator John F. Kerry. How is this guy going to survive a debate?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.