Question

Files not transfering to Flash Drive

Hi,

I am trying to transfer my Disney DVD onto 4 x 32gb flash drives and not every file is transferring correctly.

Firstly, they are all mp4 files between 1.5 and 3.2gb each and they have the cover artwork attached (which I did through the iTunes library as I don't know of another way) but not all files are transporting over thoroughly and playing correctly.

If the artwork isn't showing and it is the mpeg logo - the error reads when playing that "QUICKTIME PLAYER CAN'T OPEN "FILE NAME" BECAUSE THE MOVIE'S FORMAT IS NOT RECOGNIZED.

Sometimes, when the artwork was originally there, it looks ok to play and then Quicktime flashes the same error and the artwork disappears to the the mpeg logo.

I am using a MBP on Lion ... Please help

Thanks

Emma

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Files not transfering to Flash Drive
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Files not transfering to Flash Drive
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
These 32Gb flash drives.

Did you format them in any way before you started to transfer these files to them.

If the answer is no, then be aware that they are probably formatted as FAT and have a built in file size limitation of 2.0GB.

Where did the original files come from? Ripped from a DVD or purchased through iTunes?

P

- Collapse -
Flashdrives

Nope I didn't format the USB, what should they be formatted to if they are to cope with larger files. I don't honestly think that was the issue as it happened when some mp4s were 1080ps and between 3gb-4gb in size. It would only let me transfer 3-4 files max before it would not do the job on the others properly.

The originals files came from a 3rd party source that was not itunes or a ripped DVD

Thanks

- Collapse -
I'm going to be a little kinder than Kees,

and ask if these MP4 files were included with the Disney DVD, as part of the original package, or whether the 3rd party is a licensed reseller of Disney Copyrighted material.

P

- Collapse -
Answer
Re: DVD's

Retail DVD's don't contain mp4's. Only pirated copies do. And, with CBS being in the media business also, we don't help with that. Just buy the original Disney DVD and enjoy.

Locking this thread.

Kees

CNET Forums