Computer Help forum

General discussion

files missing for printer/spool

by kimysioux / October 25, 2008 2:29 AM PDT

After trying numourous things to get spool to run for my printer, it seems im missing files but i dont know how to find the missing files or what kind of files i need to run the printer, any help would be greatly apprecited thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: files missing for printer/spool
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: files missing for printer/spool
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
When I have missing Windows files, I ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 25, 2008 2:31 AM PDT

I get them from my Windows CD. Your post is too short on details to offer much else.
Bob

Collapse -
Spooler error/problems
by Phil Crase / October 25, 2008 11:15 PM PDT

Go to a web browser, type in PRINT SPOOLER FIXES. there are forums fixes, etc. It can be an interesting issue to resolve. Good luck!

Collapse -
To get the right files off your Windows XP CD
by Kees Bakker / October 25, 2008 11:24 PM PDT

Go to the command prompt and type sfc /scannow (+ enter-key) and let it search for missing files.

If that doesn't help, choose from:
- telling much more details on the error
- do a repair install of Windows from your XP CD

Kees

Collapse -
still lost
by kimysioux / October 29, 2008 3:54 AM PDT

im not able to locate my windows cd. Under the command page when i type in the letters to find lost files you have an + sign and a - sign. do i type in both of those?

Collapse -
Maybe
by PudgyOne / October 30, 2008 3:09 AM PDT

if you told us the make and model of the printer, make and model of computer and operating system and how you're connected to the printer, we can try give you some more information.

Also include the exact error message you're getting.

Rick

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.