General discussion

Files disappear from NAS after update to 10.6.3

I have two LaCie 5big ethernet NAS units connected to my iMac i7. After updating to 10.6.3 anything inside a folder on either of the two units has disappeared from the finder. I can still see the files from the web access administration window, and even download them from there but they aren't visible when the share is mounted on the desktop. I have also discovered that any attempted access to files not inside a folder by an application causes them to disappear as well?ie, i tried using batchmod to change permissions for the contents of one of the shares thinking it might have been permissions-related. After doing this, several Retrospect archives sitting outside of folders that had previously been visible, disappeared. I use AFP to connect to the NAS units and have all the other connection options turned off. I have also checked to make sure the firmware is up-to-date and still no progress.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

John

iMac i7

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Files disappear from NAS after update to 10.6.3
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Files disappear from NAS after update to 10.6.3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info