this sounds more like someone's homework from their course teacher.
I am creating an OTN network and I am stuck in few things. Appreciate if someone can help as quickly as possible please. Here is the network details:
Consists: 128 single hubs (1550nm) = data of 10 Gbit/s and power of +10
Connection: 100 km (single) op. fib.
Attenuation: 0.2 dB/km
EDFA or Electronic regenerator: Each 100km length
Other side: Switch of 128 x 128 which further may be constructed by 2x2 op. swt. or three-stage opt. swt. (Clos) with gain in every swt. Future upgrades are inline.
Now my queries are:
1. (in case of no loss in swt.) what could be the total loss in opt fib?
2. What is the dispersion in case of EDFA usage?
3. What can be the gain in total by EDFA?
4. What is the dispersion in case of elec. regen. usage?
5. If 0 swt loss, what could be the loss in total?
6. If 0 swt loss, what could be the opt. power at the end of the receiver at customer?
7. If I use a 128x128(3 stage) Clos for routing, how can I calculate the probability of blocking?
8. If assume I lose 1 db at every stage, what could be the insertion loss (minimum) of opt swt. (Clos)?
9. I need to make 128x128 using 2x2 opt. swt. How many do I need at the input and at the output?
10. For 128x128 network (Benes), how many number of stages will I have to go?
I will highly appreciate if anyone could help me out here please?
Thanks and Happy New Year.