PC Applications forum

General discussion

fb connect.

I would like to know if Facebook Connect will work with my existing Digg, Cnet, Twitter and Kongregate accounts? Will I have to have a new account to use the Facebook Connect features?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: fb connect.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: fb connect.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
what?

In reply to: fb connect.

Im zcollvee not admiraldata or soemthing.... what!?

Collapse -
Reported.

In reply to: what?

I assume you are saying that admiraldata is not your username.

I have reported this to the Forum Admin as this is a known fault.

Mark

Collapse -
thanks

In reply to: Reported.

thanks.
now my question...

Collapse -
Facebook Connect...

In reply to: fb connect.

Digg has already announced compatibility while I would expect Twitter to do so as well. I do not now about Kongregate, but I would not expect Cnet to support such.

John

Collapse -
lol...

In reply to: Facebook Connect...

quote webware:
Other Facebook Connect partners include Amiando, CBS.com, CitySearch, CNET (which I had no idea about until today), CollegeHumor, Disney-ABC Television Group, Evite, Flock, Hulu, Kongregate, Loopt, Plaxo, Radar, Red Bull, Seesmic, Socialthing!, StumbleUpon, The Insider, Twitter, Uber, Vimeo and Xobni.
end quote
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-9998117-2.html
will i be able to 'merge' my accounts?

Collapse -
oh

In reply to: lol...

and im zcollvee not admiraldata or something like that

Collapse -
Very interesting...

In reply to: lol...

I hadn't read that article yet, but evidently Cnet's inclusion surprised Rafe too. So far I haven't heard a word about it, so I cannot comment on how far they will take the integration or how soon it will occur. (I've seen no hint of it on the new Cnet beta sites, though.)

As to merging accounts, it's iffy. With OpenID, which some are currently comparing Facebook Connect to, the individual websites that support it have the choice of how they wish to use it. By that I mean some let you have full access to their services using an OpenID without every registering on their site specifically. Some may require you to provide additional information for their own storage before they let you sign into their site using an OpenID. Some let you access the site but restrict some functionality to those who have actually registered directly with them. And some let you merge an OpenID with your existing account while others don't. Thus, your guess is as good as mine in this case. Hopefully Cnet will post an announcement as the time draws near.

John

Collapse -
thnk

In reply to: Very interesting...

thanks
-zcollvee

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.