Resolved Question

Fax problem HP

My previous printer, HP6500. had the means to fax multiple pages to the same fax number using the flatbed, without having to begin a fax for each page. However, my new HP6600 does not indicate how to do the same thing. Maybe I'm missing some way of utilizing the flatbed for pages that are slightly torn or dog-eared.
The multiple document feeder is very sensitive and easily jams.

Comments would be appreciated.

Helv

Discussion is locked
silmov1 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Fax problem HP
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Fax problem HP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Try HP's chat.

Goto hp.com, click on the chat button to begin.

In parting, this does not appear to be caused by Windows Vista.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: HP fax problem

Bob: (If this is reaching you)

Actually, CNET had placed my query in to Vista. That might be because
when I last posted, several years ago, my posts were Vista related, and my identifier was Silmov1. So I copied my HP post and pasted it into the HP forum. No results there. I believe I may be stuck with a printer that will limit use of
thte fax flatbed for sending more that one document to a single number.

I appreciate your response. Thank you!

- Collapse -
I spy.

A post over in the HP forum too. But this one appears to be between you and HP. Maybe you should play the consumer card and return it for something better?
Bob

- Collapse -
No way of getting to HP chat

Bob:

HP has many ritual steps before they provide a way to "chat." HP first needed to verify
my warranty status which requires my product and serial numbers to check warranty status.(i am within the 90 day warranty period.) However, nothing on my pruchase receipt or product documetation my product number or serial number. So, I'm then instructed to install HP's product identier, which I did. After installation, I am advised that the idtntifier was having its own error problems, and to try again another time.

- Collapse -
Sounds to me

You should go consumer on them and return it quickly as it has failed to perform for you.
Bob

- Collapse -
Dealing with HP

Bob: Finally tried the online " problem solver," and found a video detailing seven different areas where
the hapless customer might find relevant product and serial numbers, e.g., on top, amongst the cartridges,
inside the top, at the bottom, etc. Finally, on the back, where they were!

These were then copied by hand, then inserted into a "help" area. After putting in various irrelevant additional data to iD me, and verify my warranty status, I was presented with three boxes in which to detail my problem by email, with vague predictions as to when I might receive a response. FYI, No "chat" mechanism exists. Their response did come this morning in a one-line statement that I need to use the document feeder (with a mis-spelled word.)

I once had an expensive 3-year HP warranty that took literally hours attempting to get phone help--before giving up. There was no recourse. HP had simply sucked up several hundred of my dollars in the robotic style of a slot machine. At least I learned never to get sucked into one of those again.

I'd like to place this response into the HP Forum as well. Could you help me with that?

Again, my thanks to you, Bob. This is a great forum.

- Collapse -
You can do that.

Just copy/paste what you typed here as a reply to your discussion in the HP forum.

Tip> To find your posts, click on your name above and you should find your recent posts.
Bob

CNET Forums