General discussion

Fax machine trouble sending over broadband

I have been having terrible problems sending faxes from my fax machine that is connected via Cox high speed broadband. I thought it might be a band width issue so I called Cox. They changed one setting that is supposed make analog fax machines and credit card modems more compatible with a digital system.

But I am still unable to send faxes on a regular basis. Sometimes I can get a couple of pages to go through and other times nothing will go through. I have tried two different fax machines at two different spots in the house and have not had any better luck. I receive all my faxes via efax and my email works perfectly so I don't have any problem there - just outgoing from my fax machine. I have tried faxing them to my efax account so I could email them, but I can't get that to work either.

I know I could scan everything in to a .pdf but I have sizeable outgoing faxes and it would require two separate operations.

Bottom line is - has anyone else had this problem and found an answer?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Fax machine trouble sending over broadband
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Fax machine trouble sending over broadband
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What you didn't tell.

Do you have their digital voice service? If not, tell how you hooked up your fax machine.

If you have digital voice it's known that some fax machines never work there. Try another model.

Bob

- Collapse -
Yup

Yes, I am using their digital voice service. I have tried an older model commercial grade Muretec and a brand new retail model sharp.

What is so frustrating is that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

Thanks

- Collapse -
May have located problem

I checked the phone line connections going into the Cox modem and one of them appears to have a bad connector. May have been the reason it was intermittent. I'll check again if that is not the problem.

Thanks for your input.

CNET Forums

Forum Info