The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Falling asleep in class

Don't worry V, I have fallen asleep in class, hell I have almost fallen asleep while lecturing....

Dave

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Falling asleep in class
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Falling asleep in class
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Falling asleep in class

In reply to: Falling asleep in class

Geez, the only thing worse than trying to stay awake in a dry lecture is trying to stay awake in a dry lecture when the lecturer is nodding off too. Grin

Collapse -
Re: Falling asleep in class

The first thing my Business prof said at my first lecture on Wednesday is that she would wake up anyone who is sleeping in class. And this is in a 200+ person class.

I've never fallen asleep in class myself. I just skip class and sleep in bed if I'm tired.

Collapse -
Wake up!

In reply to: Re: Falling asleep in class

I had a professor who woke sleeping students by hitting them with chaulk. He was incredibly accurate (obviously many years of practice). He hit most people directly on the forehead, a few times in the mouth, but never hit the wrong person.

I never fell asleep in that class, despite a history of doing so at least once per semester in most lecture courses. Deterrence at its finest!

Collapse -

have u guys heard of something called STARBUCKS ?

Collapse -
eww

In reply to: .

eww Sad

actually, i like their frapps Silly

people can also get more sleep at home instead of class.

Collapse -
Linguistics 101

My freshman year of college included a class right after lunch in a 250 seat auditorium with plush seats and somewhat still air circulation. To top it all of, the linguistics lecturer spoke with a heavy Eastern European accent. This was the ultimate combination for a napaholic to jump off the wagon. Of the total 20 class sessions this class met, I fell asleep a total of 11 times - a whopping 55%. I still pulled off an A though with my high-tech handy dandy tape recorder to thank.

Collapse -
it can be worse...

In reply to: Linguistics 101

During my PhD I had a class with my supervisor and 3 other students. Two students in the class were not in our lab, but there was a lba mate in the group as well, for a total of four. I and my buddy, did not do the reading the night before. Instead we drank a case (24) of beer. I admitted this the following day at the class, (my buddy was not impressed). Our supervisor did not talk to us for two weeks... (He is now a rather famous neurocientist at a big AMerican University in Georgia).

In retrospect, we shoudl have slept. From that day on our supervisor would bring a pot of coffee for us.....

Dave

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.