Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Peripherals forum

General discussion

fade proof photo printer ink

by macseven / January 12, 2010 11:24 AM PST

Epson has had archival priter ink for several years. I find that they will not recycle used cartridges w/o a $5 - $10 fee! (outrageous) Anyway, HP seems to have a fairly fade proof ink but I can't get "Vivera" ink for my printer. I use a Photosmart C5580 and use 75XL and 74XL. Has anyone an opinion on the ink and it's permanance? Have you found the color to be fade proof???
macseven

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
About recycle.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 12, 2010 9:35 PM PST

I just go to Staples and hand them back in for their bucks.

As to fade proof. Isn't that fade "resistant"? I'm seen claims of fade proof but after putting such in the Arizona desert sun for 5 years it did fade.

Also, the paper matters too. But you can research more about low acid or acid free/neutralized papers.
Bob

Collapse -
recycle ink cartridges
by macseven / January 13, 2010 9:51 AM PST
In reply to: About recycle.

Will Staples take Epson empties?? Office Max says that only ink empties with "heads"? can be recycled. Epsons don't have that configuation. If Staples will take my Epsons, I will give them all of my business. You're right about the fade 'proof'. Only resistant can be expected. Years ago, only Epson had long lasting ink. The old photos printed with my old HP faded within a week, but their newer inks are almost fadeless. Thanks for the response.
Macseven

Collapse -
Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 13, 2010 10:16 AM PST
In reply to: recycle ink cartridges

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!