F-SECURE -- Vista 32-bit, XP Home Edition and Professional 32-bit, 2000 SP 4, Internet Explorer 7.0 & 6.0
Scans for malware and rootkits.
Please perform a scan with F-secure online scanner
1. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Start Scanning"
You may receive an alert on the address bar at this point to install the ActiveX control, please do so.
2. After installed, click on Accept on the license agreement.
3. Click "Full System Scan" to download the scanning components and begin scan and cleaning.
4. When the scan completes, click the "I want to decide item by item" button.
5. For each item found, Select "Disinfect" and click "Next".
Please run the Housecall online virus scan located at:
Follow the prompts to scan your hard drive for viruses. Select the "Autoclean" option so that Housecall will remove any viruses from your system.
When the scan is finished, please restart your computer.
Do the scans come up clean?
I opened a link from a friend via Facebook... It was a "Java" EXE file and of course it was a virus. I have AVG on the PC and ran a complete scan which found the virus and I moved it to the vault. After this I ran Spybot and AVG again and no other infected files were found.
The PC seems to be working fine but how can I be sure the virus is completely gone?
Any advice is much appreciated!