Question

facebook freezes my browser

Mar 6, 2013 5:36AM PST

when i load my browser,firefox, it works ok but as soon as i load facebook it stops responding.Facebook loads fairly quickly but doesn't complete loading.Almost everything on the page gets loaded but the chat list on the far right doesn't make it.At that location it just says 'loading' but goes no further.If i try to click on another tab that is loaded it says 'not responding' .The hour glass remains but all i can do is close the browser with the x on the top right.I try loading firefox again and the same happens.It works all right till i put on facebook.I tried restarting the computer and the same thing happens.Could it be a temporary problem with facebook?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: facebook freezes my browser
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: facebook freezes my browser
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Try the usual first. Google these words.
Mar 6, 2013 5:38AM PST

Disable Flash Hardware Acceleration.

- Collapse -
it works on my chrome browser
Mar 6, 2013 6:05AM PST

i just found out it works on the chrome browser

- Collapse -
Which is nice to know but
Mar 6, 2013 8:00AM PST

I'd try the setting and if that fails, uninstall FLASH and find/install the latest and try again. Keep that setting handy as it can save you a lot of time.
Bob

- Collapse -
can't find flash
Mar 6, 2013 9:59AM PST

i checked my add/remove prgm list and found adobe flash player 11 activex and player 11 plugin but didn't fine just the player so how do i remove it or should i just install the newest flash player without removing anything.

- Collapse -
Your choice on how to proceed.
Mar 6, 2013 10:24AM PST

I find many ignore the search I gave so they never find flash and the setting. That's OK, you have a working browser and choices to make.
Bob

- Collapse -
sorry
Mar 6, 2013 11:07AM PST

sorry, I didn't see any link to search so i don't know what you mean by setting.I have had thehardware accelerater turned off for a long time if thats the setting you are referring to

- Collapse -
new flash player didn't work
Mar 6, 2013 12:00PM PST

just got done installing the latest flash player.Just wanted you to know It didn't work.Firefox still freezes when i go to facebook.Still working on chrome though.

- Collapse -
That's expected.
Mar 7, 2013 1:01AM PST

I don't expect a new flash player to fix the issue caused by Adobe turning on hardware acceleration.

I offered the words for you to put into google.com to turn it back off and why did I do that? Because I've found some folk don't understand the article I may use so I give them the words to find many articles so they can pick the one they can understand.
Bob

- Collapse -
works now
Mar 11, 2013 9:58AM PDT

I think firefox caused the issue becaus the other day it just started working again.It doesn't freeze up anymore and i didn't do anything for that to happen.Thanks for trying to help me.

- Collapse -
Okkkkaaayyyy
Sep 9, 2013 2:53PM PDT

You are rude.

- Collapse -
Thanks.
Sep 9, 2013 3:58PM PDT

I can't guess why you think that but help others in the future by supplying what you think is a better answer.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info