I think, your computer is badly infected from the viruses and malwares, spywares.
You can follow these troubleshooting steps:
1. Scan your computer by using any updated antivirus program.
2. Try to install and download the "Antimalwarebytes" (freely available)
3. Try to update "Antimalwarebytes".
4. Scan your computer using the "Antimalwarebytes".
5. Follow the same procedure for "Superantispyware" as you done for "Antimalwarebytes".
6. Delete all the internet temproray files.
7. remov all the unwanted startups by using msconfig.
A few days ago I decided to reinstall Win XP Pro to clean up my system.
The result was horrifying!
My system now runs very slowly! All program startups takes more than 30 seconds og my mailprogram (Eudora 6) takes more than 4 minutes to start! That can't be right!
I have tried Adaware with newest update, Spybot search and destroy with newest update. I have removed q811493 security update. I have installed all others including sp1, which btw took more than 2 hours to install!
I tried services.msc and removed ALL services I didn't need according to BlackViper. I tried BootVis (although I wasn't neccesary. The boot time is not that long). I tried sfc /scannow. I tried sigverif. Still nothing!
My Taskmanager always says 100% cpu usage but it is different programs. Am I starting a program the mem usage meter slowly fills while the program gets ready to start.
It seems like it is the move fra HD to Ram that slow my system down especially after I tried to move some date from my 20 Gb drive to my old 6Gb drive. After that the system was really slow. Why is that?
I haven't tried to reformat. I was hoping to avoid that!
My computer is a Athlon XP 1700, 512 Mb 2700 Ram, 20 Gb IBM disc drive, 6 gb IBM disc drive.
BTW how can I change my bootdrive from the old 6 Gb drive (C-drive) to my newer 20 gb, which is to 10 Gb partitions?
Please help! I am desperate!
Thanks in advance