Question

Extreme lag after hibernation on new Dell Inspiron i7559???

Hi I recently bought the Dell Inspiron i7559-763BLK and I’ve been having an issue with lag/freeze after leaving the laptop in hibernation for 1-4 hours. Every time I leave the computer on hibernate and open it up again I would get these computer freezes where every 7-10 seconds the computer will freeze up and whatever I do (ex: move mouse/type) would happen 4-5 seconds later. This lag makes the computer impossible to use after hibernation. I was wondering if anyone had this issue before and what are some possible fixes for this.
-Thanks!
I can’t seem to figure out the problem going on, I had suspected it was the hard drive turning off but even after tweaking the battery settings so that it won’t turn off the hard drive this lag after a long hibernation still happens. (Computer Specs: Gtx 960M, SanDisk Z400s M.2 2280 256GB (SSD), I5-6300HQ, Windows 10 Home, 8GB Ram)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Extreme lag after hibernation on new Dell Inspiron i7559???
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Extreme lag after hibernation on new Dell Inspiron i7559???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Sounds too new.

Let Dell fix, replace or refund. I have quite a few W10 machines now and can agree this isn't normal of a laptop with those creds.

- Collapse -
Why hibernate with this one?

I read a review and they claimed 17 seconds from cold boot to Windows 10 was up.

- Collapse -
?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, can you explain more?

- Collapse -
I take it this is your first Windows laptop.

Over the years the power up and down has grown more options and choices.

We used to have an on/off switch, then PCs could power down on their own, later to speed things along the design offered hibernation and sleep.

In your case and according to what I read the boot from cold time wasn't that long. Why bother with hibernate at all?

- Collapse -
Not my first

I thought that hibernation used less battery so do you think using sleep instead of hibernate will solve this problem?

- Collapse -
Hibernation uses same battery power as shutdown.

Sleep if it works is great when on AC power.

-> Remember I will make assumptions the machine is stock, there is no USB HDD attached, there were no added apps or registry cleaners. That is, if it does all this, it's defective and time to get Dell to fix it.

- Collapse -
Try it

I will try sleep mode and see if it works.
Thanks!

- Collapse -
Not sure

I tried sleep mode, same thing happens. In addition to the lag, when the first round of freezes come in, during the momentary freeze/lag there are couple of beeping noises from the computer. Do you know what is going on?

- Collapse -
Just that it's new and under warranty.

If Dell can't resolve it then you know what's next.

I have found this to happen for too many reasons over the years such as registry cleaners, some antivirus, an external HDD plugged in and more. Here all I have is it's new and completely stock.

My continuing worst offender are torrent users. Many can't get why it's that way and are stubborn to learn about it.

- Collapse -
Contact Dell

Do you have an advice how I should contact dell and where? I feel like however it's a software/setting issue.

- Collapse -
Let's say it is software or setting.

A new Dell should arrive with it set to work. You would use dell.com to find the numbers and ask them.

Be sure you are ready to do a factory reset as some folk install this or that or run a PC optimizer so we get to start over.

- Collapse -
Answer
Just use your warranty

That is not normal. Instead of doing all these silly alternatives use your warranty and get it fixed. It might be a fun project to repair it yourself, but not sure why you'd want to do it with that computer.

- Collapse -
Answer
Just reboot

I have the exact same problem. Solution is simply dont use sleep. Just shut down since it boots so fast anyway

CNET Forums