Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

extra pages Word2000 annoyance

Please refresh our memory. How do we get rid of extra blank pages that show up in word??? When it comes time to print is when it becomes especially aggravating.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: extra pages Word2000 annoyance
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: extra pages Word2000 annoyance
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: extra pages Word2000 annoyance

In reply to: extra pages Word2000 annoyance

This is usually due to the user having a lot of returns in the document. I just go to the last letter of the document and hold down the delete key and the pages go away.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: extra pages annoyance

In reply to: extra pages Word2000 annoyance

Please clarify something for me.
You said that the extra pages happen when you go to print. Is that the only time you notice them? That is, when you are in Word, using the "Print Layout View" do you see the extra pages then?

If so, then just turn on the invisible characters (where you can see the paragraph ends, and the breaks, etc.). Then, see what it is causing the extra pages. Find out what's causing it and fix that.

If, however, the extra blank pages are not in Word, but only appear when you print, then something is odd with either your print driver or your printer. Some printers can be set to generate an extra page at the end of a job to be use as a "spacer" or "slip sheet" between print jobs.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: extra pages annoyance

Thanks for your responses!!!
I usually do my work in the print layout view and the extra pages show there.
It is just a pain to have to go through the Print dialog and select "current page" each time I want to print.

I went to the bottom of the last text and laid down on the delete key for about 5 minutes....no results.

So how do you get the "invisible characters" to show in word???????

Collapse -

One of the other annoyances in Word is the delete key will not delete forward some items. Use the other methods such as selecting the unwanted items and cut them out.

Bob

Collapse -
Re: Show/Hide the invisible characters

On the 'Standard' toolbar there is a button that is the paragraph mark "

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.