Question

External Speakers for DLP TV?

My Samsung DLPTV Model # HL-S4266W is starting to crackle,thatis the speakers are.Is it possible to hook up EXTERNAL speakers and put the tv on internal mute?And if so,what kind of speakers should I get and do I need an amplifier?Not rich so I'm looking for good but cheap Happy Thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: External Speakers for DLP TV?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: External Speakers for DLP TV?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Answer???

Where is the answer? I have the same problem.

- Collapse -
Answer
External Speakers for DLP TV?

Richpartist7 -

One option might be to use a Home Theater system. You can mute the TV speakers, but if the audio source has crackling, it might also be present with an amplifier or HT system.

This means that you might purchase more hardware, but if the problem is internal, its just going to amplify the problem. You may want to also consider that the set may need to be repaired.

--HDTech

Post was last edited on December 26, 2015 7:09 PM PST

CNET Forums

Forum Info