Peripherals forum

General discussion

External Hard Drive - Philips - problems !HELP !

Hi ,

I have a Philips external Hard drive ( usb 2.0 ) using a usb hub ( alimented ) No problems in 4 month . Yesterday when i shut down my PC it woudn't show in ,,my computer,, anymore. I hear that ,,beep,, sound every 5-10 seconds and the led on the HD blinks but it doesn't show in ,,my computer,, . I try it all - restrat , changed cables , changed AC power . Nothing , i also have a external DVD but that works fine ...

In my device manager it shows the ,,!,, sign after 5-10 sec seems to diseapera then reaper ( in synchronization with the ,,beep,, / led )

I really don't know what to do , it drives me insane ( i have a lot of important stuff there ) .

Any solutions ?

Thanks in advance
bye

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: External Hard Drive - Philips - problems !HELP !
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: External Hard Drive - Philips - problems !HELP !
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Most solutions already noted in this link.

In reply to: External Hard Drive - Philips - problems !HELP !

Collapse -
Already did that

In reply to: Most solutions already noted in this link.

Already did that . My problem is a bit different....

Collapse -
Looks the same from here.

In reply to: Already did that

How is this different?

Bob

Collapse -
because...

In reply to: Looks the same from here.

Is different because seems like my HDD is restarting himself after 5-10 seconds . Sometimes seems that Device manage recognizes ( without showing the device in ,,my computer,, the device properly after 5 sec. you hear that ,,beep,, again

I will try it in another PC today.

thanks

Collapse -
Still sounds the same issue (and cure) to me.

In reply to: because...

Sorry, but that was something a new case might solve. And if you slog through the long discussion...

Bob

Collapse -
In fact...

In reply to: Still sounds the same issue (and cure) to me.

In fact you are right .I have tryied it on a new PC , same problem .

I will buy a new case or better buy a twin -drive case for 2 HDD.

Thanks
bye

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.