General discussion

Explorer.EXE - Application Error ,memory could not be read

Description:
Application popup: Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at "0x63638176" referenced memory at "0x00000130". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

This is the error i get when i close one of my Visual Basic Based Application evertime.
Please give me a solution

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Explorer.EXE - Application Error ,memory could not be read
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Explorer.EXE - Application Error ,memory could not be read
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I've done that.

I also wrote some VB code that evoked such an error. It took me a few weeks to find the bug in my code.

Best of luck,

Bob

- Collapse -
hi bob

but what was the error excatly about in the code?
was it with any API's used in code?

plz do tell me bob

bye
Ritesh

- Collapse -
In my case...

It was creating objects but due to my blunder, it never destroyed the old ones. It was a program logic error.

Best of luck finding your issue which is unlikely to be what I did. In closing, some won't apply the latest Visual Studio and OS patches. Those kind get to suffer too.

Bob

- Collapse -
I am getting this same error using Windows XP

Please let me know if you found a solution to your problem. I am getting this very same error. I am using the Dell 2400 with Windows XP. I have 768 MB of RAM with a 2.8 Pentium.

- Collapse -
"Visual Basic Based Application" ???

It's possible your VB app has that same error. For me I had to walk through my code. But what VB app is doing this on your machine?

Bob

- Collapse -
Easy solution

Hi! It seems that you have an Visaul Basic script problem.
Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll in run and you will be free of your "little Problem".

//Hakan

CNET Forums