1. In order for us to analyze a potential problem and offer tips, we must rely only on the question content to attempt a qualifying response. A question should state the exact system error(s) - spelled, spaced, and capitalized just as it is shown on the display. Helpful perhaps is the window title in the colored bar of the report and any information when provided by a "Details" section also.
2. Most error messages:
? usually list and describe standard default error messages - written within the program code and generally recognized by most "Gurus"
? the troubleshooting techniques may be published and explained in the Microsoft Knowledge Base (MSKB) library for the Windows operating systems, and may be searched for with accurately reported information.
3. Correct and complete information is vital if informative help and answers are what you seek. You want that Guru who reads your plea to understand the question, to possibly know the answer, and to reply giving you their assistance.
4. The article [Q177054] explains that when you double-click an Internet shortcut in a Microsoft Outlook Express e-mail message, your Web browser may not start or may not connect to the Web page. The issues are explained in this article as well as the troubleshooting procedures.
5. This behavior may occur if the (Default) value setting for registry keys are pointing to an invalid location for the Urlmon.dll file, [Q281679].
6. The article [Q300443] and suggested reading states that when an attempt is made to execute a link from an e-mail message that contains the <tmeta http-equiv="refresh"...> HTML tag, the redirection does not occur. This article discusses the reasons as well as procedures for troubleshooting the problem.
7. Download and use "IEFix" - a general purpose fix for Internet Explorer (Win 98/ME/2000/XP):
a. Registers Urlmon.dll, Mshtml.dll, Actxprxy.dll, Oleaut32.dll, Shell32.dll, Shdocvw.dll, [Q281679].
b. Refreshes Internet Explorer using IE.INF method. Note:
? "Unable to Install Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP (Q304872)"
? "How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP (Q318378)"
c. Initiates "SFC /Scannow" (Win2K&XP), [Q310747].