General discussion

Explorer 7 Favorites Manager Slow to Respond

Got a new desktop about two weeks ago (Dell Dual Core, ES5200 @ 2.5GHx, 3GB RAM, Vista Home Premium and Explorer 7 pre-installed)and IP7 runs fine (connect and refresh speeds are great). However, when I try to manage my favorites using the Organize Favorites dialogue in IP7 it is very slow to respond to the Rename or Delete commands. In fact, after I click the Delete button it doesn't respond unless I interact with the dialogue box in some way (such as clicking the dialogue border)...it just sits there doing nothin'. As an aside, the dialogue's Move and New Folder commands seem to respond at normal speed.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? I recently installed a wireless router and a USB hub to manager a shared printer and hard drive -- could this have anything to do with it? Also, I thought about reinstalling IP7 to see if that would fix the problem, but I can't figure out how to do that under Vista (it doesn't show up in the Remove Programs dialogue list). This has stumped me - any ideas/thoughts/fixes you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rob Shaw
Albuquerque, NM

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Explorer 7 Favorites Manager Slow to Respond
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Explorer 7 Favorites Manager Slow to Respond
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info