General discussion

Excite.com

Adaware picks this up as a problem. Also if I want to go into the excite boards, I have to go to options/privacy and remove excite.com. Is this known Spyware?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Excite.com
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Excite.com
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not spyware but has issue with their privacy.

Tracking cookie

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/threats/277.html

These companies may use information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites to provide advertisements about goods or services that may be of interest to you.

Auggief, if you are using the service of excite.com (example their boards), add it in ignore list if agree on their Privacy policy Happy

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks Donna. I decided I didn't need to use the excite forums and removed the cookie from my computer.

- Collapse -
Also...

You must uncheck Spywareblaster entries for both internet explorer and Mozilla - I 'ved use the service since 2000,they've always been upfront with me,even after they were bought by someone else in the interim,they offer a free 250MB email account with good spam filters,it's a tracking cookie,I'm sure you know how to minimize damage if you care to.

CNET Forums

Forum Info