General discussion

Excellent online camera repair shop_camerasandparts.com

Apr 21, 2010 6:40AM PDT

I recently sent my Cannon SD850 to Camerasandparts.com to repair a lens error. First, I took my camera to a local shop and was told that it will cost me $250 flat rate for any repair! I gave camerasandparts.com a try and they fixed my camera for $79.00 (regular price was $89.00, but i have a coupon for $10). The repair was done within 4 weeks. They email me when they shipped back the camera. Everything went great. Just remember to remove all accessories (ex battery) before sending in the camera. They have excellent customer services. I highly recommend camerasandparts and will not hesitate to use them again!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Excellent online camera repair shop_camerasandparts.com
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Excellent online camera repair shop_camerasandparts.com
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Shill?

There have been reports of this company posting on forums and raving about the service, but it appears this post and company is a little fraudulent. Any positive post is done by a person with no posting history, like this one, and there have been a few people that paid for service and never got their camera back.

I'd say stay away, and I've participated in this forum and other photography forums for some time, unlike the possible shill posts.

- Collapse -
did some extensive searching

There are about 5 different stories that are being told on many many photography sites/blogs about camerasandparts.com. Some of them are pretty much identical posts with one being a male poster and a female in another. Not only are the postings extremely similar or identical, but they are always on by someone with no posting history, other than their praise for the site. They even have hit dpreview with 2 different user names only suggesting to use the service and how great they are. They even used those user names to post on the others posting to give some legitimacy to the first shill post.

I said "possible shill posts" in the previous posting, but from researching online, it looks like it should be changed to "most likely shill posting".

- Collapse -
Caution - This thread is now locked
Apr 21, 2010 12:53PM PDT

CNET Forums

Forum Info