I have read your post a few times. I don't know if it is me, but I am not sure I understand what the problem is. Sorry to be so dense.
I see that you have installed Microsoft's Excel Viewer, unless MSN Excel Viewer is some other software. Here's a link to the Excel Viewer I believe you may be talking about;
But what is BROKERS 0809? Is this a workbook, (group of spreadsheets in a single workbook), that you have created yourself? If so, what is the difficulty you are having with this workbook?
If you created this workbook called Brokers 0809 yourself, what did you use to create it and why can you not use that same software to view it? What has changed since you were last able to access this workbook to view it, and/or to edit, make any changes?
The Excel Viewer is just that, a viewer utility, so there are limited menu options by design.
Again, sorry, but I'm struggling here.
On HP PAVILION a1350n Media Center XP SP3 desktop with IE8.
Will much appreciate help in resolving all 6 of the following problems, or any one of them.
Prior to the long ago modification/amplification of Excel I had no trouble; ever since it has been nothing but trouble culminating on installation of MSN EXCEL VIEWER. To a degree my inexperience has been a significant handicap and I never mastered use of the modified version.
In the prolonged search to find this Support form I noted MSN Excel shows a single one of my spreadsheets, BROKERS 0809. It is just what I want, but not at all what I get when accessed directly.
1. The title now includes "compatability" and "Excel Viewer", and the row below shows only 4 categories: Office Docs/Edit/Page Setup/Windows. Missing are the remainder of the categories.
There is no way to display other rows with theirs.
2. None of the items listed work. Clicking EDIT results in loss of the spreadsheet and appearance of Office Download screen.
3. Accessed directly BROKERS 0809 beares little resemblance to the on shown and which I expected to see. The entire screen is solid yellow; that also obscures the cells in red and yellow.
4. There are no gridlines despite that item being selected on the appropriate category (which is among those unobtainable as noted above). Same applies to all other page layout features.
5. There is considerable uncertainty as to which choice to make on the SAVE AS lists. This applies as well to when the spreadsheet is functioning normally.
6. A new strange difficulty is the inability to access some of the similar spreadsheets without "Open With". These were made monthly such as BROKERS 0709, 0609, 1208, etc. (month/year).
No idea what to use even after MSN search/browse, etc.