Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Example of BO economics

by TONI H / May 21, 2013 7:40 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Example of BO economics
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Example of BO economics
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
why you don't tell your boss to shove it
by Roger NC / May 21, 2013 7:49 AM PDT

until after you get the first check cleared!

Collapse -
A few nuts think the Oklahoma tornado was Obama's doing also
by Josh K / May 22, 2013 3:27 AM PDT

Someone goofed. The problem was fixed quickly, and could have happened anywhere. Seriously, Toni.

Collapse -
Perhaps if
by TONI H / May 22, 2013 4:12 AM PDT

this had happened anywhere but Illinois, I might agree with you.......Aren't you ever gonna get tired of finding excuses for 'goofs' that seem to mainly happen with Dem policies and States? Are you going to forgive Weiner this time around and have him be your Mayor, Josh?

Collapse -
Oh for crying out loud
by Josh K / May 22, 2013 4:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Perhaps if

1. Show me where there is any pattern of lottery goofs like this one. I've never heard of this ever happening before anywhere. Have you? The president does not run or oversee the Illinois state lottery.

2. No.

Collapse -
You call it 'goofs'
by TONI H / May 22, 2013 5:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Oh for crying out loud

I call it 'check kiting' and people go to jail over that, Josh........think whatever you want, I still find it incredible that this is again being blamed on a low level employee in a state rife with corruption and nearly, if not already, bankrupt because of croneyism.

Collapse -
Oh, well in that case.....
by Josh K / May 22, 2013 5:41 AM PDT
In reply to: You call it 'goofs'

.....I'm sure your next post will include a link or some sort of evidence that anyone has been accused of doing that, or otherwise benefited or attempted to benefit from these checks bouncing. Otherwise people might think you're just making that part up.

Collapse -
Benefit?
by James Denison / May 22, 2013 7:13 AM PDT

Money held for interest benefits every day.

Collapse -
(NT) You mean he didn't engineer the Super Ball Lotto to Florida?
by Ziks511 / May 22, 2013 7:20 AM PDT
In reply to: You call it 'goofs'
Collapse -
Thanks for proving just how unhinged you are regarding B.O.
by Ziks511 / May 22, 2013 7:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Perhaps if

If white doves flew down from heaven, you'd be there with your shotgun to make sure they got no where near him.

Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment in advance for the future election of Barack Obama.

All subsequent tropical storms and Tornadoes are God's Punishment for his Election and his policies.

Global Warming is a punishment for Barack Obama's policies, and this punishment has been building for the last 50 years.

If you reverse Barack Obama's initials you get OB which is the short hand for Ordo Beneficio or the Order of Beneficence which is obviously Communist in its intention.

Glenn Beck's initials are GB which stand for Good Bye.

Good Bye,
Rob

Collapse -
You're welcome
by TONI H / May 22, 2013 7:35 AM PDT

I've told you guys over and over for the last five years how I feel about this jerk wannabe great leader we have, so why are you surprised when I post anything about him? Are you supporting his administration over Benghazi, the IRS targeting, and the DOJ lies regarding warrants to secretly access not only press emails but also their personal and parent's emails and phone records? How many ways does this POS have to prove to you liberals that he's a blatant liar and/or a total incompetent before you actually get it? Every single one of those three issues has been backtracking right to the Oval Office as the lies are catching up with each other........when you have a prez who literally cultivates the division, and the attitude of 'go after my enemies (which is anybody who doesn't agree with him and suck up) and make them pay', you don't have to necessarily give the direct order to break laws......the message is out there and people who want to please and get ahead will do his 'bidding'.

He claims to have the best records for going after leakers, which is what supposedly brought on the DOJ crap with reporters........BUT if the leaks HELPED the Prez and made him look good (killing OBL, leaking the Iran virus info, etc), nobody was arrested or even investigated, were they?

Collapse -
You didn't post "about him" this time
by Josh K / May 22, 2013 10:28 PM PDT
In reply to: You're welcome

You posted a story about a lottery snafu in Illinois and tried to link it to him and his economic policy. That's pretty creative, Toni (and I'm being kind). Then you accused the lottery people of doing it on purpose, and I notice you still haven't backed that accusation up.

Collapse -
Evidently you have
by TONI H / May 22, 2013 11:11 PM PDT

comprehension issues. I linked to a story coming from out of his home state, which is using throughout the state, including Chicago, the same type of economics BO is attempting to implement via regulations, EOs, and bills......and it doesn't work when you're already broke to the point of being shattered.

You called the bounced check a 'goof'......in a court of law, it would be called 'check kiting' and people would go to jail for that, Josh. I sure as hell wouldn't be able to get away with telling a judge that I 'goofed' and forgot to release the money to pay my check I just issued to my grocery store.

It amazes me how often and how loudly liberals will excuse this type of behavior.

Collapse -
All you've done here is repeat what you posted earlier
by Josh K / May 22, 2013 11:32 PM PDT
In reply to: Evidently you have

Now that's twice you've made that "kiting" accusation and I still haven't seen any attempt to back that up. In a court of law, an unsupported accusation would be tossed out.

Collapse -
And if I bounce a grocery check.....
by Josh K / May 22, 2013 11:37 PM PDT
In reply to: Evidently you have

.....I pay a $25 penalty. No judge, no prison.

I understand Illinois got some bad weather recently. Was that Obama's fault too?

Collapse -
Obviously your state
by TONI H / May 23, 2013 12:12 AM PDT

and Illinois are much more liberal than most....I can send you links to our local newspaper listings of court dockets showing people end up in court for writing bad checks here, Josh. Most get suspended sentences with heavy fines and a record, but every so often somebody actually spends time in lockup over it.

Collapse -
Post those links, please
by Josh K / May 23, 2013 12:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Obviously your state

I'm betting those bad checks were for a lot more than your average grocery store checkout and/or the checks themselves were bogus (fake) as opposed to insufficient funds.

Collapse -
Not able to after all
by TONI H / May 23, 2013 1:59 AM PDT

In order to link to my paper online, you have to have a paid subscription for it. I can see it because I subscribe; however, a link wouldn't work for you since you don't.

Here in my county, not sure if it's statewide, any check written for more than $199 that bounces is considered to be a felony and a court appearance after you are arrested is mandatory. Judgment and sentencing are carried out by the judge normally and is done immediately. As I said, most cases are given suspended sentences with hefty fines, but some are given jail time depending on multiple offenses (even if at the same time but at different stores), repeat offenders, and the amount of the check itself. Checks under $199 are a lesser crime and many times restitution, check charges by banks, and court fines are handed down; however, you will continue to have a record that can be used against you later on as well.

I personally had, years ago, had a check bounce for $203 at a local grocery store through no fault of my own....it actually WAS a bank error at that time....and was arrested, picture taken, and fingerprinting. If I hadn't owned a home and had proof in my hand at the time of the arrest that the check had been paid with a letter of apology from my bank (the officer allowed me to go into my cupboard and get that proof before taking me in the squad car to the station), I would have been held in jail since I was arrested on a Friday nite and wouldn't have been able to be released until Monday when I was to appear in court. The magistrate allowed me to go home......Monday morning, the court threw out the case and my 'record' was cleared completely. Actually my picture was never taken because they were out of polaroid film when they went to take it. LOL

Collapse -
".....through no fault of my own......."
by Josh K / May 23, 2013 2:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Not able to after all

Oh sure, that's what they all say. Check-kiter.

See how that works?

Collapse -
I actually had proof
by TONI H / May 23, 2013 2:53 AM PDT

that I wasn't 'check kiting', Josh.......Illinois handed down another liberal statement of blaming a low level employee for not 'flipping a switch' to release the funds on quite a few checks causing them to bounce. They've been running a lottery for tens of years, Josh.......and it's only NOW, when the state is on the verge of bankruptcy, that this happens? They never offered up any proof that what they said happened......I had the proof in hand in order to protect myself. Since it takes a couple of days at the very least for a check to either clear the bank or be bounced, how much interest do you think that bank account accumulated by not clearing the checks in time?

You can keep calling it 'goof' all you want.....when you have lousy accounting habits, there are many 'tricks' that can be pulled in order to give you a couple of extra bucks....and this is a state that is notorious for corruption tactics (ask a few of their politicians how they like the daily jail food they're getting).

Chicago just closed down 50 schools because they don't have the populous nor do they have the money available to keep them open anymore, so kids will now be bused to new locations further away and crowded into classrooms.

See how that works?

Collapse -
You didn't need proof that you weren't check-kiting
by Josh K / May 23, 2013 2:58 AM PDT

If someone was accusing you of that, THEY had the burden of proof, as would you and/or the state of Illinois in this case. So far you've offered nothing other than your suspicions, which appear to be based solely on Illinois being "liberal" and that the president comes from there. The people who made this error don't have to prove a thing. That's how things work in America.

I will continue to call it a "goof" because despite your constant repetition of your accusation, there isn't a shred of reason to think it was anything else.

Collapse -
Yes, I needed that proof, Josh
by TONI H / May 23, 2013 5:53 AM PDT

because otherwise I would have spent a weekend in lockup for no reason, because somebody at the store 'goofed' and didn't pull my original 'bounced' check from their computer data and brought charges against me months after they had already received not only their money but an apology from my bank. Perhaps I could have sued later on, after my court date hearing, for false imprisonment, but damage would have been done already, don't you think? Just as the people who had checks from Illinois 'bounce' who would have had check charges from their bank and a black mark on their bank records of bouncing checks because maybe they had already begun spending money they believed was secure because, heck, it was a government type check from Illinois, right? Not only did the original check bounce, but what if they had had other checks of their own that bounced because of that 'goof', Josh?

Did you know that if you have bounced checks on your bank record and you want to open a new checking account somewhere else (perhaps some place that doesn't have so many fees), that your banking history is part of your credit record and you can be refused a new account because you are a 'risk'?

I'm happy that you can shuffle this 'incident' off so lightly........especially when you are talking about a notorious corrupt state government. That can only be left to a liberal mind, and you wonder why conservatives are so frightened about any of you having control of this country for long periods of time.

Collapse -
A couple of minimum wage clerks.....
by Josh K / May 23, 2013 6:29 AM PDT

.....forget to click a button and suddenly this is some kind of liberal conspiracy that goes all the way up to the President of the United States and proves that only Republicans know how to run the country and only Democrat-run governments experience any corruption. One of the bounced checks was for under $900. How much money would someone make "kiting" a check that small? (And I notice that you STILL have not made any attempt to support that wild accusation, other than merely repeating it over and over again.)

This thread has already gone further than it ever should have. The subject line alone was as misleading as anything James has ever posted.

Collapse -
More likely God arranged it so

Obama could end up in office and punish America. That's what he said about Pharaoh in Moses day.

Exodus chapter 9

For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite you and your people with pestilence; and you shall be cut off from the earth. 16And in very deed for this cause have I raised you up, for to show in you my power; and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

Collapse -
Just like

someone forgot a key and mistakenly broke into the wrong room at Watergate, yes?

Collapse -
No
by Josh K / May 22, 2013 10:29 PM PDT
In reply to: Just like

Not at all like that.

Collapse -
It would be really nice if you weren't making this up out of
by Ziks511 / May 23, 2013 12:41 AM PDT

whole cloth. If there was just one tiny grain of evidence to build your huge sand castle on. But there isn't.

There is no mention of Obama in the original article. You're just making up smears and throwing them against a blank wall. You go from a problem, not attributed to any political agency to a full out attack on Obama without any connecting evidence whasoever.

Isn't that a TOS violation? Call it a gratuitous, unfounded, unsupported attack against a person not named in the Link, or something.

Or call it Fiction Plucked from Thin Air to suit someone's prejudice.

Rob

Collapse -
It would have been nice if a Moderator had noticed the
by Ziks511 / May 23, 2013 12:45 AM PDT

unfounded nature of this post and at least put in a query regarding evidence or a better source.

Otherwise you could just accuse BO of anything. Oh, I'm sorry, you do.

Rob

Collapse -
Give her a little credit
by Josh K / May 23, 2013 5:08 AM PDT

She hasn't accused Obama of using a top secret weather-making machine to create that tornado in order to get the IRS and Benghazi off the front pages.

Yet.

Collapse -
He doesn't need to...
by Steven Haninger / May 23, 2013 5:57 AM PDT

and I just read that hurricane activity will be above normal this year. Bush still gets the blame even today because Obama's global warming initiatives won't begin to produce any positive effects for some time...perhaps several presidential cycles. By then, maybe natural forces will kick in and and those still alive can look back and thank him for saving the world. Wink

Collapse -
I don't think Bush has ever been blamed....
by Josh K / May 23, 2013 6:20 AM PDT
In reply to: He doesn't need to...

.....for global warming, at least not by anyone rational. Global warming is the result of at least a hundred years of pollution.

It does make sense though, that any initiatives to address human contributions to global warming would take some time to have a measurable effect, just like any new restrictions on gun purchases would take time to have a measurable effect on gun violence, since those restrictions (contrary to NRA-fueled paranoia) do not involve confiscation of existing weapons.

There really are people who think Obama somehow created the tornado. I wasn't kidding about that part.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.