Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ex-Guardsman: I Contacted Kerry Campaign

by RB2D2 / September 18, 2004 8:32 AM PDT

A retired Texas National Guard official mentioned as a possible source for disputed documents about President Bush's service in the Guard said he passed along information to a former senator working with John Kerry's campaign.

Also Saturday, a White House official said Bush has reviewed disputed documents that purport to show he refused orders to take a physical examination in 1972 and did not recall having seen them previously.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?flok=FF-APO-1131&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040918%2F1756697160.htm&sc=1131&flok=NW_5-L3

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ex-Guardsman: I Contacted Kerry Campaign
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ex-Guardsman: I Contacted Kerry Campaign
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So, what's the point?
by C1ay / September 18, 2004 8:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
It's an admission that the documents came from the Kerry
by Kiddpeat / September 18, 2004 8:46 AM PDT
In reply to: So, what's the point?

campaign. The forged ones.

Collapse -
Re: So, what's the point?
by RB2D2 / September 18, 2004 10:25 AM PDT
In reply to: So, what's the point?

Received an honorable discharge. Oh yes, I've heard that. Over and over. And I don't doubt it. However, I sit here and think: Would the son of a Senator receive anything less regardless of what the records said?

Oh my point of posting the news article in the first place was that I thought the board could use a discussion on a new topic for a change. Happy

Collapse -
Correct me If I'm wrong...
by J. Vega / September 18, 2004 10:48 AM PDT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bush the elder a Repersentative, but not a Senator?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You're not wrong.
by RB2D2 / September 18, 2004 12:00 PM PDT
Collapse -
Then why RB2D2...
by J. Vega / September 19, 2004 3:21 AM PDT
In reply to: (NT) You're not wrong.

RB2D2, then why did you say " Would the son of a Senator receive anything less regardless of what the records said?"?

Collapse -
I made a mistake.
by RB2D2 / September 19, 2004 2:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Then why RB2D2...

Still believe the statement, as it stands, would probably be true. Senator or Congressman.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Holy Dan Rather clone, Batman!
by J. Vega / September 19, 2004 2:21 PM PDT
In reply to: I made a mistake.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I must have missed all those threads. :-)
by RB2D2 / September 18, 2004 11:22 AM PDT
In reply to: ROFLMAO
Collapse -
Why cannot this obsession with PRIOR SERVICE..........
by Del McMullen / September 18, 2004 10:51 AM PDT

......be allowed to die, regarding BOTH candidates.

VAdm Route, the Navy IG, said it best (which has been reported here earlier):

"Conducting any additional review regarding events that took place over 30 years ago would not be productive", he wrote. "The passage of time would make reconstruction of the facts and circumstances unreliable, and would not allow the information gathered to be considered in the context of the time in which the events took place".

Collapse -
Re: Why cannot this obsession with PRIOR SERVICE..........
by RB2D2 / September 18, 2004 11:54 AM PDT

You're right of course, Del. I really hadn't meant to haggle over the past records (although I must admit that's what it looks like). It has more to do with how it came about that CBS got the story in the first place. I had been wondering if Bill Burkett would admit to being the one that supplied the information. I don't understand why he didn't just go on the air and speak his piece.

Del, I have tried to post news about what's going on in today's world but not too many are interested in talking about that.

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=37390&messageID=437401

It's like, "Let's keep our heads buried in some 30 year old sand, today is too painful, we may be made to feel responsible". Sad

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.