Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

Rant

Evolution Kit Upgrade Fail

by snowriderau / July 6, 2013 3:01 PM PDT

Purchased and Installed the evolution Kit for my Samsung PS60E8000 plasma, detects it, processes to 100% then says the software upgrade is unavailable.

Ive seen comments of similar issues on the net and its very hit and miss. The firmware has been reported to work on 1021, I upgraded to 1022.

Seems to be a firmware issue, is there a new firmware coming out to resolve this. Samsung Phone support not much help.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Samsung Evolution Kit failure to install.
by gratay99 / September 9, 2013 9:10 PM PDT

Hi
I have exactly this problem too.
Cant find a solution yet on the net or on Samsung websites.
My evolution kit was an Ebay purchase from the US.
I tried firmware 1005.2 update by USB but no difference same message on failure of evolution kit.
Its looking for USB content saying not found,
TV is LED 2013 model is UE46ES7000S possibly Turkish origin was purchased in Northern Cyprus.
Only plus is it operates normally when evolution kit is removed.
I have seen other complaints on this kit.
Does anyone have a solution or advice please?

Collapse -
Re: Evolution Kit Upgrade Fail
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 12, 2013 2:43 AM PDT

Hi snowriderau & gratay99,

Thanks for your messages! But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, snowriderau's model is for New Zealand while gratay99's model is for Spain. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung portal for support on your products:

New Zealand: http://www.samsung.com/nz/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/plasma-tv/PS60E8000GMXRD

Spain: http://www.samsung.com/es/consumer/av/televisions/gama-2012/UE46ES7000SXXC?subsubtype=led

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
samsung evolution kit
by gratay99 / September 12, 2013 2:13 PM PDT

Hi thanks for your information on this topic unfortunately it was incorrect advice.
My Samsung TV is probably Turkish origin not Spanish but I checked the site from Spain anyway.
I cant find any reference on any Samsung site to software or firmware issues with the Evolution kit.
Its as if they dont want to admit there is a problem.
I dont know if there is also a compatability issue with tvs from different regions not working with the evolution kit due to fimware or software differences.
My tv is now as follows evolution kit fitted but lan cable in origional slot not working when wired through evolution kit.
Each time I turn it on it recognizes the evolution kit runs through to 100% then looks for usb software updates fails to find or install then operates just as it always did with no changes other than the evolution kit is recognised on the list of connected devices.
When I go to try and upgrade firmware it says function not available
I am going to try a direct question on this with Samsung support.
If anyone else has advice on new firmware or software please advise.
I have read many other people are having exactly the same issues with the evolution kit and nothing is forthcoming from Samsung.

Collapse -
Re: samsung evolution kit
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 15, 2013 11:36 PM PDT
In reply to: samsung evolution kit

Hi gratay99,

I apologize for this issue. Have you tried installing the evolution firmware via USB? I am including a link to the download page for the evolution kit. Let me know if you are able to install the firmware via the USB method.

http://www.samsung.com/es/support/model/SEK-1000/XC-downloads

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Evolution kit fails to install
by gratay99 / September 16, 2013 4:34 PM PDT

Hi
Thanks for the new USB firmware link.
I tried it but it makes no difference.
The message is the same no software update found on USB
My current firmware is shown as 2009 ?
I have been told by Samsung USA that my evolution kit is not compatible with a TV purchased outside the USA.
This is not mentioned in any Samsung literature or website.
I am looking to return my evolution kit for a refund to USA.
Please tell me if this is correct information or should it work with any Samsung TV anywhere.
Many thanks
Grahame

Collapse -
Re: Evolution kit fails to install
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 17, 2013 3:51 AM PDT

Hi gratay99,

This information is correct that the US model Evolution kit is only compatible with US model TVs.

Regards,

HD Tech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!