Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Evie?

by C1ay / March 18, 2004 7:58 PM PST

Anyone heard from Evie?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Evie?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Evie?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Evie?
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / March 18, 2004 10:20 PM PST
In reply to: Evie?

Hi, Clay.

Good point -- her last post was 3/12. I'll drop her a line...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
(NT) Bump
by C1ay / March 20, 2004 8:02 AM PST
Collapse -
Re:Evie?
by Glenda / March 20, 2004 9:35 AM PST

She should be back by the 22:)

Glenda

Collapse -
(NT) Thanks
by C1ay / March 20, 2004 10:12 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Evie?
Collapse -
Re:Evie?
by Evie / March 20, 2004 10:49 PM PST

Thanks for asking after me Clay. The hubby and I got a great deal on a last minute vacation and I didn't get a chance to post that I was going. Sorry if I worried anyone, just being around pretty regularly it's not like me to fall off the face of the earth for long periods unannounced! I was able to call Sue to let her know should anyone ask.

The hubby and I had a wonderful vacation. First *real* one in over five years!! I scoffed at the UV Police and got a nice tan -- will be nice to show back up to classes tanner than the students :):) I'm thinking pastels for the upcoming week. Of course it DID snow while we were away. Lucky us most of it had melted by the time we got home. Beats last time when our flight was delayed from the foot and a half of snow in the airport!

Good to be home, but still wishing I wasn't! REALLY ready for Spring! Oh, it is Spring, just can't tell from the weather here Sad

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Glad you're back...
by C1ay / March 20, 2004 11:15 PM PST

and glad you had a good time.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Evie?
by Glenda / March 21, 2004 12:05 AM PST

I was going to tell everyone you were out blowing the old man's money:) And just having a blast!! But had second thoughts realizing you would get even! LOL
Glad you are home:) Missed you!
Sue

Collapse -
Re: Evie? -- Welcome back!
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / March 21, 2004 7:26 AM PST

Hi, Evie.

Glad my guess about a trip was correct -- was a bit worried when you didn't reply to my e-mail inquiry. You need to get a laptop! Wink

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
I was wondering too, but it seems like the majority of my posts are asking
by MzLee / March 21, 2004 7:29 AM PST

about missing SE friends and figured if someone read another post asking again, they'd be thinking, wish this MzLee person would get a life already, lol.
I am glad Clay asked and just as glad you were missing in action for the reason you were. I don't see much from Miss Hiccups much either and miss both of you. Yeah, yeah I need to get a life, lol.
Lee Happy

Collapse -
Hiccup! Hiccup:)

I've been around:) I wound up with 2 aquariums and a pond! The one tank was for the Great Grandson and it is still here and then silly me bought one with two nice Orandas! Then the Daughter bought me a pond for my B-Day and had about 25 Large Goldfish given to me;) Now
I have more of a life than I wanted LOL!! I forgot how much work is involved in fish! Want some fish Mz Lee???

Glenda

Collapse -
I have one word for ya to free up some time ....
by Evie / March 21, 2004 9:57 PM PST
In reply to: Hiccup! Hiccup:)

..... fish fry! Oops, that's two words Wink

Thanks everyone for the welcome back Happy Serenaded and everything!

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Even better; fish boil as in Door County, Wisconsin.
by Kiddpeat / March 21, 2004 11:08 PM PST

Definitely something to experience. Welcome back.

Collapse -
Fish boil???
by Glenda / March 22, 2004 12:30 AM PST

Never had boiled fish. Do they do that like in a crab boil? Interesting! next time I have a pond problem you can share the recipe:)
Glenda

Collapse -
You haven't lived until you've been to a Door County fish boil.
by Kiddpeat / March 22, 2004 9:00 AM PST
In reply to: Fish boil???

Think very large kettle sitting outside, at dusk with a big wood fire around and below it. First, a large metal basket of potatos and onions lowered into boiling water to cook. They are suspended on a large wooden pole that's used to lower them into the water. After the potatos and onions cook, an equally large container of Lake Michigan fish is lowered into the water. After they've had a chance to cook, kerosene is thrown on the fire. It flares up, and a few hundred people take pictures. The kerosene causes the water to boil over, and, as it exits the kettle, it carries the fish oil with it. Take the fish inside, and serve a few hundred people.

Collapse -
Yummy!
by Glenda / March 22, 2004 1:11 PM PST

That sounds so good! I had never heard of cooking fish like this! What a unique idea! Thanks for explaining:)
Great! Now I am hungry! LOL
Glenda

Collapse -
Re:I have one word for ya to free up some time ....
by Glenda / March 22, 2004 12:27 AM PST

LOL! you know I was thinking Fish Fry when I first set up that darned pond!! But after I made a filter system for it, at least now it stays clean!! 300 gals is a lot of water to change every third day! Jim was having a cow thinking of the water bill! LOL
Anyone know what fried goldfish taste like??? Chicken??
hehehe
Glenda

Collapse -
ROFL...Miss Hiccups....and thank you but no thank you about your fish offer...
by MzLee / March 21, 2004 10:41 PM PST
In reply to: Hiccup! Hiccup:)

I've always thought those ponds were so lovely, though and in reality would really love one, BUT these two dogs of ours and our recent addition of my Grey Timney Amazon parrot is about all I can handle now. Love my pets to death, but they are a lot of work and need a lot of attention.
By the way, I was thinking that there could be a lot worse titles given to someone...wouldn't you say Miss Hiccups is MUCH better than let's say, Miss Burps? I hestiate to mention another one that comes to mind, but we'll leave that title for "men only".....lol.

Lee

Collapse -
Speaking of pets ...

... we are lucky to have a nice teenage daughter for a neighbor who looks after our kitties when we are gone.

Consumer review -- Citrus litter that comes in a pop-up disposable box does NOT last up to 2 weeks. I got it so that this girl could just dump it and open another. Guess it didn't save her much stink exposure and the whole house stunk when we got home :(:(

The boys took a while to come out ... they are mad at us! But now I type as they both sit with me on the couch.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Re:Speaking of pets ... I told you!!!!
by Glenda / March 22, 2004 12:34 AM PST
In reply to: Speaking of pets ...

They knew you were leaving!! They are psychic!!!
Sue

Collapse -
LOL Lee! Miss Hiccups will do nicely:)

I can imagine the other names you could come up with!!!
The one for men is definetly not the one I want to be called LOL
At least if it is what I think it is!!!
Glenda

Collapse -
Glenda, believe me. IT IS the one you were probably thinking of, lololol...
by MzLee / March 22, 2004 3:22 AM PST

A hint though. I've heard most people will blame their dogs for this bodily function, lolololol.

Lee

Collapse -
hehehehe Yep! That was it!!!!

Which men are you saving it for? Any ideas yet???
Glenda

Collapse -
Ohhhhhhhhh do I have ideas, BUT I am a dumb blonde, but not that dumb, lolol...NT

Collapse -
Re:Ohhhhhhhhh do I have ideas, BUT I am a dumb blonde, but not that dumb, lolol...NT

Just a chicken Blonde!! LOL Love it!
Glenda

Collapse -
Ccccc!! I am a dumb bottled blonde, lol..couldn't think what sound a chicken makes, so I'll just go mooooooo, lol...NT

Collapse -
NT Dying here!!!! I had the same problem!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOO back!

:):)

Collapse -
"I'm thinking pastels for the upcoming week." - E. Oh, me too! - B.
by crowsfoot / March 21, 2004 8:56 AM PST

She walks! She talks!
She crawls on her belly like a reptile!
Just one thin dime, one tenth of a dollar!
Step right up, folks...

I went and bought myself a ticket and
I sat down in the very first row, wo wo.
They pulled the curtain but then when
they turned the spotlight way down low, wo wo,
little Eva came out strutting,
wearing nothing but a button and a bow, wo wo,
singing, "Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah''.

She had a ruby on her tummy and
a diamond big as Texas on her toe, wo wo.
She let her hair down and
she did the hoochie koochie real slow, wo wo,
When she did her special number on a zebra skin,
I thought she'd stop the show, wo wo,
singing, "Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah!".

She did a triple somersault and when she hit the ground,
she winked at the audience and then she turned around.
She had a picture of a cowboy tattooed on her spine,
saying Phoenix, Arizona, nineteen forty-nine.

Yeah, but let me tell you people,
little Eva doesn't dance there anymore, wo wo.
She's too busy mopping and
a taking care of shopping at the store, wo wo.
'Cause we got seven kids and
all day long they crawl around the floor, wo wo,
singing, "Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah! Yeah yeah!"

Little Eva
The Coasters

Bob - Wink (see the smilie?) Glad you didn't fall of the earth! Vacation good! Tan good!

Collapse -
Re:Re:Evie?
by Rolway / March 21, 2004 8:57 AM PST

Glad to see you back Evie and that you both had a wonderful vacation.

George

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Turn up the volume with our Apple Byte sweeps!

Two lucky winners will take home the coveted smart speaker that lets Siri help you around your connected house. This sweepstake ends Feb. 25, 2018.