Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Everything Okay, Angeline and DavE?

by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / February 16, 2004 1:00 AM PST

I hear the weather in Tennessee and Arkansas was dreadful yesterday.

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Everything Okay, Angeline and DavE?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Everything Okay, Angeline and DavE?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Somebody....
by Angeline Booher / February 16, 2004 1:17 AM PST

.... up there likes us! Happy

It totally missed us by a very few miles,though it dumped on the "bedroom" communities in surrounding counties.

I saw that Dallas got snow. That was not uncommon in the time we lived there.

Did Houston get a bit?

Thanks for asking!

Angeline

Collapse -
Wonder how Bill to my west is doing, here we only got couple of inches
by Roger NC / February 16, 2004 1:20 AM PST
In reply to: Somebody....

The ground was wet when it changed over to sleet and then snow, so a lot melted on the ground.

But it was probably much heavier in the middle and western part of the state.

We're facing a possibility of more Wednesday it seems. A cold rain (40 maybe) Tuesday then possible snow Wednesday.

OK, when is the ides of March going to get here?

roger

Collapse -
Re: Ides of March

>>when is the ides of March going to get here?<<

That's easy, Roger -- in a little under a month Happy

Collapse -
(NT)Ok, but how long will it SEEM to be (chuckling while teeth chatter)
by Roger NC / February 16, 2004 1:46 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Ides of March
Wink
Collapse -
Re:(NT)Ok, but how long will it SEEM to be (chuckling while teeth chatter)

Hi Roger:

When does it typically start to warm up in NC? In NJ it's pretty much right as spring arrives, end of March or so, though last year we got snow the first week in April, which happens from time to time.

In an average winter, how much snow do you think you get?

Collapse -
Re:Re:(NT)Ok, but how long will it SEEM to be (chuckling while teeth chatter)

Don't forget, I'm in the east, about 2 hours drive from the coast. And until recently I was a bit further south, near Greenville NC formerly.

Ok, about the first of March for warming trend. It can be in the seventy's then. But the largest snow in my life started on March 1, 1980.

Normally only a couple of dustings and one real snow event a season in the east. But it seems (perhaps impression only) to becoming more. In the last six years since I moved, here at least we've had a couple of inches or more twice or more every year. And other days, normally only 24 hours to 48 hours, of sleet, freezing rain, snow/rain mix. Most stuff melts around here in only 2 to 3 days. Occasionally it may last a week.

But there are two often referred to dividing hiways for weather reference. One, west of Interstate 95 is much more snow and ice. Two, in the east, west of highway US 17 normally has more than east.

Now some of our largest snows are opposite, actually move up the coast as Gulf moist air rides up over existing cold air mass.

Raleigh has a lot more than we do in the east. Probably Bill could give you a much better idea.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:(NT)Ok, but how long will it SEEM to be (chuckling while teeth chatter)

Thanks Roger, appreciate the info. I just got off the phone with a headhunter down there and she said this has been a particularly brutal winter, and is not typical of what the RDU area gets. Same up here. The snowfall has been just a hair above average but the consistently cold temperatures have been especially bad this year. It sucks when you have a baby and you can't take her outside to play for months. It's one reason we're considering the move to NC.

Collapse -
Re: Somebody....
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / February 16, 2004 1:39 AM PST
In reply to: Somebody....

Hi, Angeline.

Glad it missed you! No, nothing in Houston, and certainly not Galveston. We havn't had a hard freeze in almost a decade now -- which isn't great for control of termites, mosquitos, fleas, etc.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!