Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Help forum

General discussion

Everything Denied!

by DianaV / September 17, 2005 6:16 AM PDT

Hello,
Well im using a Compaq Presario R3000 that operates on WIndows XP and im currently having trouble with my access to my folders. At first, i didnt have access to "My Documents" and on the start menu, under "All Programs," none of my progroms appeared.

I managed to gain access into My Documents by starting up under Safe Mode and re-arranging all the security options for users. Now that i can see my music, pictures, and files, i still cant view my programs on the start menu.

Another thing i noticed is that whenever i try to open a song, to play on iTunes, a message saying "The folder "i Tunes" is on a locked disk or you do not have write permission for this folder.

I went back to Safe mode and tried to see if the security for the folder was being denied, but all the boxes for "allow" are checked.

Can anyone PLEASE help!?

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Well Diana...
by jackintucson / September 17, 2005 6:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Everything Denied!

It seems you may have fallen victum to some malware. Especially if you download itunes. You need to run anti-spyware/malware/adware and anti-virus programs. On top of that run a good registry cleaner (check CNET or google). After that delete your internet .tmp files, cookies and the 'prefetch' files. Defragment your drives, reboot the system and you should be okay. Let us know. I will track this thread for a few days. All is not lost...yet.

and life goes on...

Jack

Collapse -
Take your pick of these replies.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 17, 2005 7:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Everything Denied!
Collapse -
thanks Bob...
by jackintucson / September 18, 2005 4:30 AM PDT

Those selections should put her on the right track.

and life goes on...

Jack

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!