Computer Help forum

General discussion

Event ID Error

by Poopsi / November 11, 2006 12:52 AM PST

When checking my Event Viewer, I noticed the following Error " Event ID 1033, Load warning, The UPS is heavily loaded" . I also noticed that my Search Protector showed the following Error message " The UPS is heavily loaded" . I have tried to find some info on the net but have not been able to find it. Does anyone know what i am dealing with. Could it be my Search Protector or even my Outlet? I would be greatful for any help. Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Event ID Error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Event ID Error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Are you using a UPS ?
by VAPCMD / November 11, 2006 1:23 AM PST
In reply to: Event ID Error
Collapse -
UPS
by Poopsi / November 11, 2006 7:47 AM PST
In reply to: Are you using a UPS ?

I am sorry but I don't understand what you mean by using a UPS. Could you please explain.My Knowledge is limited. Sorry

Collapse -
Uninterruptible Power Supplies...
by John.Wilkinson / November 11, 2006 10:46 AM PST
In reply to: UPS

A UPS is a surge protector with a backup battery in it. If you ever lose power a UPS can keep your computer running for a short time while you finish what you are doing, save your work, and then shut down normally.

Basically that error means that you have too much plugged into your UPS and that being pushed to or past its limits. It can lead to a number of problems, including a sudden loss of power and damage to the UPS. The solution is to unplug some of the items from the UPS and balance the load with another one. (Plug half into one and half into the other.)

That said, do you indeed have a UPS, what make/model is it (that tells us how much it can handle), and what all do you have plugged into it?

Let us know.
John

Collapse -
UPS
by Poopsi / November 12, 2006 12:10 AM PST

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me. Yes, I have a Search Protector with a batterie Backup. My Search Protector is made by Belkin and to my Knowledge, I don't have to much attached to it. My All-in-one Printer is attached to the Search Protector as per their Instructions and not to the batterie backup. I have my Computer, Monitor and Speakers attached to the batterie backup. I should also mention that the Load Warning does not remain. It comes and then is replaced by "No longer Load Warning". It does not happen every day either. My Printer is turned off unless I wish to use it and then I don't receive a warning. The Model No for the Belkin is 550VA. Thnak you again for your help.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!