Cameras forum

General discussion

eurocam camcorder

by chassler / July 17, 2006 3:04 AM PDT

Does anyone know whats the difference between the eurocam digital camcorder and the SVP digital?
"47th Digital" retail store in New York, on 1552 Broadway is selling the Eurocam camcorder, which looks identical to the SVP cameras for $1.450.
Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: eurocam camcorder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: eurocam camcorder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Insufficient Information
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / July 17, 2006 9:10 AM PDT
In reply to: eurocam camcorder

There is not enough information.

Can you provide a link?

Collapse -
eurocam or svp link
by chassler / July 17, 2006 10:25 AM PDT

sorry but I've been trying to find some information about that Eurocam camcorder and cannot find anything. The store I bought the camera from is called 47th Digital in New York...they overcharged and had no manufacturing info to link me with.
I was wondering since the SVP camcorder has so many unhappy users that it would be form the same manufacturers. DO you know anything about the SVP?

Collapse -
insufficient info
by chassler / July 17, 2006 10:37 AM PDT

Do you know if there is a difference between the SVP and the Eurocam? I looked in Ubid.com and the SVP they have selling for $195 looks identical to the Eurocam digital camcorder I have. The store in New York sells that Eurocam for $1450.....and when I called them they had no information about the manufacturer, they just gave me a phone number (212)944 1344 but when I called they could not help, they said they have no website, they make high quality cameras,they only sell through reatils and that the retail store should help me out...go figure what a good comapny that one is, it just sounds like the SVP manufacturers, thats why I was wondering if they could be the same people.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I would not buy either the Eurocam or the SVP.
by Kiddpeat / July 17, 2006 10:47 AM PDT
In reply to: insufficient info
Collapse -
already bought the eurocam
by chassler / July 17, 2006 12:22 PM PDT

and it was a total bad choice...I cant beleive there is a company out there that can sell through legal retailes such a crappy product and charge a SMRP of $1450,yet offers no guarantee,no 1800 number for tech support, and no internet website.
If somebody knows if SVP and Eurocam are the same product or are from the same amnufacturer then I think we are talking about the same kind of scandal....

Collapse -
bought the same camera from the same shop for $465+tax
by mareuge / July 31, 2006 2:54 AM PDT

I bought the exact same camera from 47th digital when I was in NY- they initially quoted me a price of $799 which they brought down to approx $465 as I bought some other items there. The salesman however removed the 1GB memory card from the box without telling me when he had said the price included the memory card. In addition- I had initially asked for a slim sony camera, with a 5m pixel resolution in the $400 range...he told me he had no such item in stock- when I came out I saw the exact camera I had described in the shop window...I went back in to tell him so and he started arguing that this was a really rubbish camera which he would not recommend and I had gotten myself an amazing deal as the Eurocam was produced by Toshiba or some other well known household name. I can not find this eurocam camera anywhere on the net- seems obscure.

Collapse -
I urge you to contact the Better Business Bureau
by mareuge / July 31, 2006 5:22 AM PDT

After reading your comments I became suspicious and I started looking for the prices of the other item I had bought at 47th digital. I bought a Bower fisheye lens for my digital SLR Canon camera which they gave me a "discount" on- reduced from $399 to $330 as I was buying several products. The average selling price for this product (new) on the internet is in the $40-$80 range. In addition I have reasons to suspect "Eurocam" does not actually exist (other than the fact that the company does not have a website and does not seem to sell this product anywhere)- being fluent in French and Italian I started reading the italian and French sections of the instructions manual- it does not make any sense, its literal translations, as though they've entered the English version into google and translated literally word for word.I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (www.newyork.bbb.org). I believe you should do so as well. If there are two complaints against this shop we may stand a better chance. Its very easy to file a complaint on-line. I don't know where you are from but they obviously prey on foreigners who are unlikely to bother complaining.

Collapse -
Another ripoff in 47TH DIGITAL
by petr68 / January 30, 2008 11:21 AM PST

Hi All. 47th digital has overcharged me also in purchase of digital camcorder and radar detector. I have paid together 1500 USD instead of common internet price about 300 USD. It happened because the salepsperon lied to me, exaggerating the capabilities of the devices.
It happened on 28 JAN 2008, and on internet I have realised, that there are more similar case with this company. I have written full report to WWW.RIPOFFREPPORT.COM and I am ready to join others to report the fraud to the court.

Collapse -
47th Digital store 1552 Broadway
by lundbye / December 3, 2008 2:01 AM PST

This store seems to keep on with their lies and bluffing. I have bought 3 items and they have charged my card 1326 $. The items I now have found in other stores to 207 $ I thougt I was an idiot until I saw the many cases.
I am interested in joining anything that could stop their "bussiness" In the store they misinformed (lied) about the prices. Removed receipts, that should have be canceled, from my bag and some other very tricky things.
I can see some of the treads is old but please join if you see this !!

Collapse -
EuroCam
by Sound1 / August 31, 2006 11:26 PM PDT

I bought the same camera at 47th Digital in NY and I paid $500.00 for it.. The price tag was $1450.. I should have known that when he took $950.00 off the price that something was up.. I wanted to return it but returns are for exchange only.. The memory card that he thru in for free was $250.00 and I seen the same card since for $60.00. I would like to hear more feed back from other unsuspecting victoms of 47th Digital.. Maybe as a grup we can force these people to make things right and stop them from screwing others by there tactics,

Collapse -
File complaint with DCA and BBB quoting my reference numbers
by mareuge / September 1, 2006 2:00 AM PDT
In reply to: EuroCam

Hi

I have filed a complaint with the New-York City Department of Consumer Affairs. The case number is #25086 and the contact name is Jonathan Mintz, Emailquickfix@dca.nyc.gov. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau- case Number 689312, contact name Marvin Schuldiner, BetterBusinessBureauMail@newyork.bbb.org. If you file a complaint and quote these references they will realise that this is not a one-off incident. It is very easy to file a complaint online and they respond quickly. I believe we stand much better chances if several complaints are raised against this shop...

Collapse -
filing a complaint
by Ira-sympatico / September 28, 2006 6:56 AM PDT

Dear Mareuge,
I agree that we have to keep fingting - I sent the email as you suggested, and they require the name, under which your complaint number was registered. You can e-mail me directly, if it is private, or suggest something else

I filed the complaint to BBB as well.

Thanks a lot,
Yours truy, Irina

Collapse -
Eurocam
by Sarah Carless / August 22, 2007 12:49 AM PDT
In reply to: insufficient info

Hi, does anyone know what sort of Memory Card I need for my Eurcam DV 6007. I also can't find any information regarding this camera!

Thanks

Collapse -
Eurocam
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / August 22, 2007 12:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Eurocam

Look closely at the camera and see if it is marked "Made in China".

So far, all of the China made cameras use the SD (secure digital) memory card.

Collapse -
47th digital- crooks. Shall we take action?
by mareuge / July 31, 2006 3:32 AM PDT

Having seen your message I started to have some doubts- so I cheked out the price of the other items I bought at 47th digital on the net...just found that the Bower fishe-eye lens sells on the internet for $40-$60...47th digital originally quoted price of $399, which they "reduced" to $330 as I was buying the eurocam camera- they are obviously crooks taking advantage of the fact that only foreigners would buy something in time square- I feel so bitter, do you think there is anything we can do? It is less than a month since I bought the various items.

Collapse -
44 St. Cameras crooks
by Ira-sympatico / August 14, 2006 2:22 AM PDT

I had similar experience yesterday - I was in NY and my old camera gave up. I went to 44st Camera store near the Time Sq. in NY, and they offered me Eurocam cameras for 400-800$ plus memory cards for 199 (512Mb)-299 (for 1Gbt). I did not know what the price of the cards were and finally bought a camera for 800$ (including the memory card which they "kindly" gave me for free). When I arrived home to Canada and checked the prices - the memory I bought costs 26$, and the camera is nowhere found on the Internet, similar models cost 159-200$. Plus it seems that they gave me the used one, switching it with the new one when they had a demonstration for me (some stains on the camera), and they did not give me the receipt for my cash. I wonder, what to do... Complain to tax agency?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) File a police report for fraud.
by Kiddpeat / August 14, 2006 3:25 AM PDT
In reply to: 44 St. Cameras crooks
Collapse -
SVP Digital and Eurocam
by Sound1 / September 1, 2006 5:35 AM PDT

I just looked up the SVP Digital and coared it to the Eurocam and they ARE both the exact same camcorder.. SVP SMRP is $399.00 and 47th digital Times Square in NY wants $1450.00 and will make you think it's a good deal at $500.00.. I'm calling the BBB and NY dept of consumer affairs.. Lets all do this..

Collapse -
Someone made it ! Have a look to this forum...
by david.uk55 / September 27, 2006 7:02 PM PDT

All,

There is another forum on CNET regarding eurocam and the 47th digital-crooks. It reports the case of Micket69, who won the 'dispute' thanks to having purchased items by credit card.

Please, go to

http://reviews.cnet.com/Forums/5208-7813-0.html?forumID=58&threadID=206209&messageID=2206772

I filed a complaint w/mareuge to NYC Consumer Affairs dep. (case #25086) and with Better Business Bureau (case #689312).

I'll post whether we'll have any success with this.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!