Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

eTrust Firewall

by Fsuf18 / May 6, 2004 3:45 AM PDT

550 PIII , 10GB, Win 98se , IE6/OE6, 128 Ram,nVIDIO GeForce 2MX/MX400 3D Acel, 3COM 56K Modem, SMC E2 Card 1211TX 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter (PCI), Linksys 5 Port Hub, Terra Pro Cable modem, 640U ACER Scanner, Canon BJC1000 Printer,Sygate, Adaware ,Valet, eTrust antivirus and firewall.
I recently installed eTrust antivirus and firewall that came with my free security up grades CD from MS .The antivirus updates work fine but when I try to get manual updates for the Firewall I get "Cannot determine your presently installed version.Your program may be insatalled incorrectly ."
Has anyone else experienced this problem and does a simple re-installation fix it ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: eTrust Firewall
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: eTrust Firewall
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Its Zonealarm Pro and evidently the version provided
by gearup / May 6, 2004 6:46 AM PDT
In reply to: eTrust Firewall

in my experience is not updateable.

Collapse -
Re:Its Zonealarm Pro and evidently the version provided
by Fsuf18 / May 6, 2004 8:34 AM PDT

Thanks for the quick response . I noticed that it was Zone Alarm Pro although claimed as "Ours" by eTrust.I went to the control center and clicked on update . If there was none I guess I expected them to say so rather than saying I "may have a bad instalation".Both the Antivirus and the Firewall have been working fine otherwise and , with your comment , I am happy to leave well enough alone .
Thanks again Gearup !

Collapse -
Did you REGISTER after installing?
by Edward ODaniel / May 6, 2004 8:27 AM PDT
Collapse -
Registration doesnt seem to matter
by gearup / May 7, 2004 3:00 AM PDT

it still wont update for some reason I cant explain.
If I get an answer from CA concerning this problem will post it in this forum!
By the way the software does not intall in the first place if you dont register it as it requires the entrering of a registration code.

Collapse -
Addenda
by gearup / May 7, 2004 10:17 AM PDT

Currently you can dowload the files from CA but in order to activate the autodownload feature of the Anti-virus program you must enter a valid registration number when installing. In fact this is so sensitive an issue that copying the number and pasting it from the email you get which contains it is strongly suggested. However, this registration number doesnt work for the Firewall as far as I can tell. Again when I get an answer from CA I will gladly post it!

Collapse -
Re:eTrust Firewall..The answer is
by gearup / May 7, 2004 10:34 PM PDT

as per CA
B, Benny 05/08/2004 02:38 am Log Solution Hi,

As such of Firewall, there is no need to do any UPDATES and also there is no update available for the same
However you can UPGRADE the Firewall to latest version where we will initimate you whenever we release the new version.

To check the latest version of EZ Firewall released, please click on the link below

Click here to view the solution
To check the version of EZ Firewall installed in your computer, please follow the instructions below
Open the Firewall program>Click on the tab OVERVIEW>Click on PRODUCT INFO

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance with the same.

Thank you and have a great day.
my-eTrust Technical Support.

Therefore my first answer was correct. Hope this closes the matter!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!