In that case, what you're doing wrong is having wrong expectations about doing this.
How do I go about using the Ethernet port for LAN and WiFi for Internet access at the same time?
I already configured my LAN connection to only have an IP address, and a subnet mask, leaving default gateway blank...
As for WiFi, I left them to be automatically assigned...
What did I do wrong? They won't work together.
This is a simple adjustment to your priority settings for your Ethernet LAN in Windows 10.
Follow these simple steps below and both devices will be working concurrently.
1. Go to network and sharing center in control panel.
2. Select change adapter settings
3. Right click on your Ethernet device and select properties.
4. In properties menu, select configure button.
5. When configure menu, select advanced tab.
6. In advanced menu, under property list, look for "Priority & Vlan" and select it.
7. Look in value list to the right and select disable toggle.
8. Ok your way back out of menus and wait 15 seconds until system updates new value.
You have just disabled your Ethernet LAN priority so it will function together with your WIFI.
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?