Question

ESCL 2010 NISSAN ALTIMA

Was having problems getting car started after pumping gas. Noticed a yellow key light on in the left to corner of display. Upon googling I found that the problem was the ESCL (steering lock). However after removing the panel to expose such box , I noticed I didn't have one in the location it should have been. I also seen a video of a guy removing a fuse from under the hood. Well when opening the fuse box under the hood, i noticed the spot for the fuse that is related to the ESCL was empty. So here is my question. I am suppose to have that on my car right? Or is it located somewhere else on different models. Or did the dealership sell me a death trap?

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: ESCL 2010 NISSAN ALTIMA
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ESCL 2010 NISSAN ALTIMA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
ESCL

Hi, tsp; Is the light coming on when the engine starts? I could not find any info on ESCL or 'steering lock'. Have you had the PCM scanned for trouble codes? That would be my first step.
Good luck.
Loren

- Collapse -
tsp

The engine want even start . After seeing the key it would not crank back up. Ive replaced ALL batteries and checked fuses.

CNET Forums