General discussion

Errors on Win98 after trying to install Norton Systemworks 5

HELP; I received the VECP.386 and HIMEM.SYS errors on the Win98 operating system after I install and try execute the antivirus software. Try to reload in DOS and still the same problem. The last thing I did was to reload with the WIN98 startup disk, still the errors. Please Help me.

Appreciate.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Errors on Win98 after trying to install Norton Systemworks 5
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Errors on Win98 after trying to install Norton Systemworks 5
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Why no mention of Windows 2000?

It appears you are telling different stories in different forums. A consistent story would help others give you good advice.

Bob

- Collapse -
These are two different computers

Bob, Thank for trying but my situation is different, In one computer I have win98 and I have the error that I mention above. In the Laptop I have win2000 and I have a totally different error that I was able to fix thanks to somebody else.

Two errors in two different computers. I am not telling different stories in different forums.

Thanks, any way, I hope you understand this.

- Collapse -
And that shows you need to read the Forum Tip.

The Forum Tip reads...

"Tip: If you are asking for help to troubleshoot a computer-related problem, please be sure to include all the necessary information (ie: operating system, model number, hardware, software, etc) that will help others identify your problem for a speedy resolution."

If you had completed your posts with the above information you may have made more progress.

Try again.

bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info