I fixed the problem. . . if you want to see my notes as I was working through the problem, you can read below.
Okay I just tried to copy the folder of my files to an external hard drive once again. I obtained the same error and took some screen shots for the 3 errors.
Each file contains the full name of the file inside of it, therefore I can find the file by searching the full name. Here is a screenshot of the search results for the first file shown in the first error as an example.
From these search results, you can see that there is only one file with a date of "4/10/13 11:47 PM" and a size of about "4 kb". You can see that this file, which is the only file that matches the criteria of the error message, has the short filename. The name of the file is not the long filename in the error message.
The full path of the folder in which this file resides is
C:\Users\kurtw_000\Documents\kurt\storage\wikipad\KurtWhittemoreWiki\data\azim58 wikispaces download as of 8-10-13
What happens if I try to recreate the error without copying all 191 GB of my files? I tested this. On the external drive I create a Users folder, create a kurtw_000 folder inside of this, create a Documents folder inside of this, create a kurt folder inside of this, create a storage folder inside of this, create a wikipad folder inside of this, create a KurtWhittemoreWiki folder inside of this, and create a data folder inside of this. I then try to copy the azim58 wikispaces download as of 8-10-13 folder into the data folder, and then there are no errors! Very confusing.
Perhaps search cannot locate files with long filenames? Therefore, maybe I have never actually found the version of the file with the long filename? The fact that the error message is for a file with a size of 3.51 kB, and the file I found from search has a size of 4 kB may support this hypothesis even though the two files have the same date and time.
Ah! I found the problem. The file with a date modified of 12/27/13 2:11 PM seems to have been causing the problem. When I renamed the file, the date modified changed to 4/10/2013 11:47 PM for some reason. Perhaps the date modified was not displaying correctly since the name of the filepath for the file was too long. Whatever the reason. . . I shortened the names of the 3 files in that location even though the date did not match the date from the error message, and the problem was solved. I copied the 191 GB folder to my external hard drive, and there were no errors!