Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

error message on dvd software programs

I'm using an e-machine model #T2862, windows xp home ed. I've been using dvd shrink 3.2, 1click dvd and I'm using a Sony burner DRU-71A. From time to time I've had problem with the d drive reading, now both pieces of software has stopped working. When I use dvd 3.2 shrink I get a message saying "Invalid navigation structure" on the 1 clik dvd I get an error message saying "VTS 02 0.1FO contains bogus data" I see this message when the movie is finalizing. Also when I installed my burner I did not use the Sony cable to connect the burner I used the one that came with the system, should I change the cable?

help me!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: error message on dvd software programs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: error message on dvd software programs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This does happen when...

In reply to: error message on dvd software programs

The source DVD has too many errors or the source DVD drive has aged and you need to replace it. But first try the CD/DVD lens cleaner. However I find most owners reluctant to swap out a DVD drive or recorder to sort out the problem. My solution is to wait until they have tried all other avenues as well as reloading the OS and more a dozen times and then they cave in and replace the bad source DVD media or drive.

It is that simple.

Bob

Collapse -
Disk Drive Cleaning

In reply to: This does happen when...

Sorry to disagree with Bob but I was using a CD/DVD lens cleaner and was advised by Plextor not to do so as the commercial cleaners can easily knock the laser assembly out of alignment. Plextor said use nothing more than compressed air to blow dust and such from within the disk drive.
My best friend does a great deal of computer maintenance and repair in his job and he agreed with Plextor. In fact, my friend showed me how easy it is to remove the drive, remove the cover and use a cotton swab and alcohol to clean the inside of the drive. This is a good time to use the compressed air to remove the loose debris.
Just my view. Nothing personal Bob!

xorx

Collapse -
Last hurrahs.

In reply to: Disk Drive Cleaning

If you are about to change out a drive and toss it, what harm could it do?

-> More to the point. It's been 2 decades and I've yet to witness the issue you speak of.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.