HolidayBuyer's Guide

Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Error Isass.exe

by cretin / September 23, 2007 2:47 PM PDT

After getting some help from PC Doc pro on a Highjack This log I started getting this error. I do use a password that still works & haven't had any problems yet but I googled it & see some site that say they can fix it but I'm chicken to use anything I don't see recommended from Cnet.
Can anyone help???
Thanks! Steve

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Error Isass.exe
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Error Isass.exe
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not exactly help...
by jackson dougless / September 23, 2007 4:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Error Isass.exe

But don't rely on just Cnet to recommend things. Broaden your horizons a bit, and find a few other reliable sources. Cnet caters to the technically clueless, and I often find, is written by the same.

Just because someone works for a technology publication doesn't always mean they know any more about technology than you. It could be some kid fresh out of college with a journalism degree who can turn a computer on, use a word processor, and little else for all you know.

We learn by doing, and often we make mistakes along the way. This isn't such a bad thing, as we've now learned one more thing NOT to do in the future.

General chicken soup type advice aside... It might be useful to give a name or link to the site that claims to be able to fix the problem. Someone may have had previous experience with the place, or know something more about it. Describing a bit more about the problem you're having might also lead to people being able to offer up solutions. If you take your car in to be fixed, and only tell the mechanics it's making a funny noise, it's kind of hard for them to pin down what the problem is.

Collapse -
not exactly help
by cretin / September 24, 2007 2:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Not exactly help...

I don't quite get it?? If Cnet is so narrow minded why are you on it?

Collapse -
Your reply can be found here
by PudgyOne / September 23, 2007 7:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Error Isass.exe
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.