Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

error in email addreess

by jfr219 / July 16, 2010 4:59 AM PDT

I'm using Outlook 2003 and have a glitch I can't get rid of. I have a new contact Rodriguez. My initial entry evidently was spelled wrong with a Q instead of a G. No matter how many times I completely deleted the Q name/addy, and try re-entering with G, it still comes up Q and therefore mail bounces. HOW do I get to the real file where this error is stored in memory and delete the Q name once and for all?
Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: error in email addreess
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: error in email addreess
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not sure, but
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 16, 2010 11:07 PM PDT

can you create a 'new' entry with the correct spelling? Perhaps use a different Nickname or Display name as well. Then at least you would have two to choose from.

Mark

Collapse -
error in email address
by jfr219 / July 19, 2010 11:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Not sure, but

Thanks, Mark, for reply AND THE ANSWER - FINALLY. it was like an "auto-complete" with wrong info that would not go away. really frustrating.

Collapse -
(NT) Glad you solved it, and thanks for letting us know.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 20, 2010 2:40 AM PDT
In reply to: error in email address
Collapse -
What is "it comes up"?
by Kees Bakker / July 16, 2010 11:56 PM PDT

Or: when does it come up?

And, of course, why can't you type it correctly in the To-adress? I can type anything I like there in Outlook.

Kees

Collapse -
address error
by jfr219 / July 19, 2010 11:56 PM PDT
In reply to: What is "it comes up"?

when I start typing a name the full entry pops up from memory--of course always always the wrong one. I tried typing it directly in the "to" box but the wrong address gets inserted. I have fixed now but was long and painful experience.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.