General discussion

error -69

My hard drive crashed..... bought new computer..... have backup dvd's........... it seems to freeze itune....... but if I leave it alone it will give me an error that says it is unable to restore because of error -69..... some of my songs are restored but only like 100 out of 700.......and I have the shuffle, nano, and Itouch..... very headacheyHappy thanks for any help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: error -69
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: error -69
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
You're going to have to do better than that

as you have not really given us anything to go on here.

Your problem may have something to do with Windows 98, just a guess as you didn't feel it necessary to give any of the information requested by the RED note below every post you make.

P

- Collapse -
error-69

Sorry as I did not see any red of what to post. This is my first time and I thought I should make it brief. I have gateway laptop windows 7 home edition, explorer8... I downloaded itunes and wanted to restore my songs.... I have two backup dvd's which I made on my old laptop that the hard drive crashed on. I open Itunes insert dvd #1 and it asks it I want to restore and I click yes..... the itunes seems to freeze....... I can use other programs.... I leave it alone and it shows that 676 songs are in my library but it has a popup that says it cannot restore because of the error-69..... I remove the dvd and the songs disappear. again I thank you for any help and if I haven't included some information, I am sorry again

- Collapse -
Those Backup DVD's

will they allow you to Restore to another location, other than iTunes?

If they will, then Restore to the desktop and on completion have iTunes import your music from the folders on the desktop.

I suspect that the version of iTunes used on the old drive is earlier than the one currently on the new hard drive, but that may not have anything to do with the problem

P

CNET Forums

Forum Info