Question

error 0xc000098 when booting GPT UEFI windows 10

Hi

I have been working on it all day to fix this issue. After looking everywhere and trying all solutions I decided to do a fresh restart by rebuilding my EFI partition.

I have done this by removing first all partitions except my windows partition. after that created a new partition using:

create partition refi size=260

then formatted it to fat32.

I used Diskpart detail partition to get the GUID. This was correct for a EFI partition.
After that I copied all boot files into the new partition with:
bcdboot d:/windows /s C: /f ALL

Checked the newly copied files inside the directory and they looked fine

But when I try to boot it will stay on the windows splash screen forever with the white dots spinning. When I restart It gives me the error message 0xc0000098.

Someone know what I have done wrong?

Greetings

Sieuwe

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: error 0xc000098 when booting GPT UEFI windows 10
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: error 0xc000098 when booting GPT UEFI windows 10
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Looks dead on arrival.

I haven't seen W10 boot and run (remember I disregard hacks or Corp versions) on FAT32. So that step looks like it would fail right there.

If you want to clone a partition, do that as file copies would miss the boot areas.

No, I am not offering support to fix this. It looks dead on arrival and stinky. Something like a tar pit which I won't go near.

- Collapse -
Not dead just not bootable
- Collapse -
Drive C: here on ALL W10 machines

Is not FAT32. What you did appears to be something you made up. Find a Microsoft article to support your method. I didn't find one. As such I'm calling it dead as in, why should it work?

- Collapse -
Let's get to something documented.

CNET Forums